cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my contact that I set to "Notify when available" get a notification that I'm waiting for them?

I_TA
Listener

If I set "Notify when available" for one of my contacts, will they get a notification to let them know that I'm waiting for them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @I_TA,

I searched for a definitive answer in the Zoom Support documents, but didn't see anything that would directly answer your question.

So I ran a test between several test accounts that I have.  It appears to me that the account "being waited for" does not get any indication that someone is waiting for them... nothing specific (such as "Fred Smith is waiting for you to become available") nor general (such as "Someone is waiting for you to become available").

If you anyone finds any evidence to the contrary, please let me know!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @I_TA,

I searched for a definitive answer in the Zoom Support documents, but didn't see anything that would directly answer your question.

So I ran a test between several test accounts that I have.  It appears to me that the account "being waited for" does not get any indication that someone is waiting for them... nothing specific (such as "Fred Smith is waiting for you to become available") nor general (such as "Someone is waiting for you to become available").

If you anyone finds any evidence to the contrary, please let me know!

I_TA
Listener

Thank you so much!

Hi I_TA and Ray, hope You are doing well. What about the notification of the contact when is available finally? Is there any log or time stamp indicating when was that contact available? I set that notification, but I haven"t seen any message popping up... Thank You both. Regards

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Motu2023.

If your contact doesn’t change their status in the Zoom App, then the alert might never be triggered. I’m not aware of any log of this alert. 

If the system is still waiting for a status change, you should see the little red bell icon next to the contact.

Ray_Harwood_0-1687448376371.png

If you don’t see the red bell icon, the notification of availability might have displayed while you were away – though the notice should be persistent until you dismiss it.