cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a document is shared in a "chat", can I view it WITHOUT being forced to download it?

OtherStreetCS
Listener

I love being able to share photos and documents in the chat feature, but when its a document, it forces a download in order to view it, that just creates files I need to delete from my computer later, often times I just need to view what is shared with me, don't need or want to download it.  When it is a photo, I can view without being forced to download.  Is there a way to turn off the forced download?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @OtherStreetCS 

The only way to view an image without downloading a copy locally, would be for the host to share their screen with the image displayed. Images or files sent via in-meeting chat must be downloaded before they can be viewed. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Hi @OtherStreetCS 

The only way to view an image without downloading a copy locally, would be for the host to share their screen with the image displayed. Images or files sent via in-meeting chat must be downloaded before they can be viewed. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi Bort, does the same answer apply to files sent through zoom team chat? 

Bort

Hi @emily22 

Yes, a file must be downloaded, even if to a temp location, for the file to be viewed in Team Chat as well.