cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resizing self-video window (Windows OS)

ADzoomuser
Listener

I do a lot of activity classes via zoom where I do need to see myself (via my self video) in order to correct posture or technique. Until now, using the Zoom client on an elderly Windows netbook, I could go full screen for the teacher,, then minimise all the other participants videos, then lastly resize my own camera feed by dragging the dimensions to the required size (the cross-arrow turned into ordinary sizing arrows). This worked just fine.  But I got a new Windows 10S laptop (and the S Mode won't allow me to download any non MS-software) and so I am joining the classes via the Edge browser version of Zoom, rather than by using the full client. I am not paying for the pro version of Zoom, either. Now I find that all I can do is shift my self-view window  around the screen, but the cross-arrows don't change, so no resizing is possible. Is this a shortcoming of only using the browser version (rather than the full client), or am I missing soemthing?  I am loathe to switch out of S Mode in order to download the application, as it's a non-reversible step (thank you, Microsoft}. Anyone able to help? Thanks

1 REPLY 1

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@ADzoomuser 

You may want to check the KB article for adjusting your video layout during a virtual meet -- https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362323#h_01FFTJBYEN08HGY727RWX9KCSX

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!