cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Pic Confusion

Leesil
Listener

I just joined today, I did NOT load a profile picture ---- yet Zoom has a picture of my dog, as my profile picture. Where the heck did they get it from?

6 REPLIES 6

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

I think you've got a pretty darn talented dog if he knows how to upload his own picture. 😉

I couldn't resist, though I am unaware of any instances where Zoom auto uploads a profile photo without user interaction.

Jeff Widgren

#ZoomTestKitchen

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Leesil
Listener

She's smart enough, I wouldn't be surprised if she did it herself.   🙂 

But honestly, I did the set up and when I first clicked on PROFILE, just to see that my name was correct, BAM, here's this profile picture and it's a photo of my dog drinking mountain dew. I can't figure out where they got it from. I signed up from my laptop, and that photo has never been a profile pic anywhere, it isn't even on my computer - it's a photo a friend sent me via text, that they took of my dog.

ZoomTestKitchen

Does the friend that took the picture have your Zoom account info? Or, did you happen to use the same email/password of a different account that your friend might be aware of?

It is a very bizarre result, for sure.

Jeff Widgren

#ZoomTestKitchen

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Leesil
Listener

I had only signed up about 90 seconds before seeing the photo, so I haven't had time to share my Zoom info with anyone. As for the Email/password, the Email is my one I use for everything official but the password was a new one I made up today.

It is just bizarre, as you say.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Did you log in with your email and password, or use the Google sign-in method? 

SuePinder
Listener

I have a pic of my dog as well!!!!!