cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor music background quality in the zoom meetings

marialuizamclau
Listener

This started after the Windows Update last week. I used to be able to teach Pilates via Zoom and have music on the background using a mixer. Now, the music is garbled and horrible. I changed from my laptop to a desktop and it worked. Same settings and with the new update too. It worked but when coming back to the laptop doesn't work. So then, I purchased a new laptop and tried again. It is still garbled the back ground music. Checked all the settings and it all is good just like the desktop. I am not sure what to do. I will be travelling tomorrow outside of the country and I need to teach zoom and now I cannot do it with my old laptop and the new one that I just purchased. Of course I won't take my desktop with me but the question is why doesn't work with laptops anymore? anyone can help me please!!!!!!   my hubby and I are going crazy since last night that is all we do. 

3 REPLIES 3

JaySilverOK
Listener

I have the same problem.  Standard install of Zoom played music clearly on 6 year old Windows 10 laptop, but is completely distorted and horrible on new Windows 11 laptop.  The exact same music played locally plays fine, but if sent from elsewhere across Zoom can't even be identified.  If I switch output devices (speakers, headphones, monitor speakers, ...) it cleans up for about 2 seconds, then goes back to being horribly distorted.  I'm current on Windows 11, Bios, Drivers, and Zoom version.

Vivo
Listener

I have the exact same issue

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Windows has utilities that monitor for any online communication. These kind of applications (that ones that use audio input and output) can interfere with Zoom’s own noise cancellation and sound output. Once turned off, the “Noise Cancellation” in windows or the in manufacturers own sound drivers and sound related utilities, should allow Zoom to function normally if all other Zoom settings are configured correctly for audio.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003279466-Configuring-audio-for-music-and-singing 

Signal processing by Windows audio device drivers : controls the audio signal processing performed by Window's audio drivers. This can be disabled, which will provide Zoom with the raw audio from the audio device. This may help with microphone issues on some devices.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/disable-audio-enhancements-0ec686c4-8d79-4588-b7e7-9287dd2... 

You can search for any Windows audio driver setting or Sound control panel setting, or just search for "audio" in the toolbar search and see if there are any audio utilities that have a sound processing setting that can be disabled

Look for drivers such as Bang & Olufsen (B&O) Audio Control utility, Realtek(R) Audio, “ Audio Enhancements”, Noise Cancellation, AI Noise Removal, there are most likely others.

Depending on your manufacturer, the setting to disable audio enhancements may either be on the Enhancements tab, or the Advanced tab.

On the Enhancements tab, select either the Disable all enhancements or the Disable all sound effects check box (depending on which option you see), and then select OK.

If you don't see the setting there, select the Advanced tab, and look for the setting, “Enable audio enhancements”. If the manufacturer located the setting here, uncheck the box to disable audio enhancements.

If you have more than one audio input device, repeat these steps for each device and then test your microphone.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!