cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panellist unable to login in

YellowMellow
Listener

I have a question. Recently a zoom webinar we ran had 2 speakers based in China. Who refused to use the zoom links but wanted to access the webinar using the meeting ID and passcode. 

2 days prior to the meeting colleagues in China ‘tested’ the logins to be sure they would work for the speakers, they didn’t work and asked us to check them. What we provided was correct. So we put the issue down to the fact the meeting was not actually taking place at the time they tried to login. 

Fast forward to the day of the meeting both these panellists had problems using the login details. However, eventually they were successful and able to log in using the login details we had provided. It was almost like there was a glitch and the system just wouldn’t let them in. 

My question is, could the fact that someone had previously ‘tested’ the log-in on a different device have caused any issues? 

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @YellowMellow –

Your question is a complex one, as a lot depends on the webinar settings. I’m assuming that registration was required; was Authentication also required?

The link provided to the registrant is specific to the user. If the webinar settings  require  registration and authentication, then there’s no way they can enter with just a meeting ID and a Passcode.

It probably wasn’t a glitch – it’s the way security is designed to work under certain circumstances. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi, thanks for your response. Sorry they did also have a participant Code.

My main question is whether the system can glitch if their Log-in credentials have been tried on a different device. 

There was no reason why they shouldn’t work and eventually they did for them. 

We obviously have no way of know if they typed in the login details incorrectly or were on a stable internet or if their app was up to date etc etc. Unfortunately they were unwilling to attend a tech rehearsal or log in early to the meeting  as we ask all our presenters to do. 

There is a setting under the registration settings that prevents users from using multiple devices. This may have caused an issue.

ChrisO_0-1651242924441.png

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***