cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more copy option in Zoom's Windows (64-bit 7 HPE SP1) client's text chat?

antdude
Listener

As a joiner. Or am I missing something?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @antdude,

Are you referring to being able to copy from in meeting chat?  That is actually controlled by the meeting Host.  If they have the setting for Saving In-Meeting Chat disabled in their meeting settings, then no one will be able to save or copy chat during meetings hosted by that person.

When this setting is not enabled you should be able to copy messages just fine.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @antdude,

Are you referring to being able to copy from in meeting chat?  That is actually controlled by the meeting Host.  If they have the setting for Saving In-Meeting Chat disabled in their meeting settings, then no one will be able to save or copy chat during meetings hosted by that person.

When this setting is not enabled you should be able to copy messages just fine.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

antdude
Listener

@antdude wrote:

As a joiner. Or am I missing something?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

Yes, copy from in meeting chat. I guess the host disabled this option and will have to screen record my desktop during upcoming sessions. 😞

Dan_ZoomSE

It’s possible the host didn’t realize they turned that off.  You can always reach out to them first before the next session.

Good luck!