cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer receiving chat notifications

ktavares
Listener

In the last month, I have been unable to receive chat notifications on the desktop client. Previously, I would get an audible tone and a bouncing icon on my Mac. First, the tone stopped. Now, I have no bouncing icon and no number badge. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, toggled my settings, reset my PRAM settings and nothing has changed. Any other ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @ktavares! Have you seen this article here? Also, have you been able to get notifications from other apps that you're using on your Mac? 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I also have this issue. Other apps do bounce in the dock and they also send audible notifications. However, the Zoom desktop client has not for over a year now, first on a MacBook Pro (early 2015) and now on a MacBook Air (M1, 2020).

I had investigated all basic and advanced settings, by the way. All would indicate this function should be working.

Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same issue where i'm not getting notifications for any app except for the dock. 

Is possible to have some answer? We have the same issue in our company on several accounts. Without solution we are not able to use zoom and we will cancel our subscription.

demanu
Listener

same here. All other applications send notification sound when receiving messages on mac. Zoom remains silent. All the settings checked on should sound, but all silent.

cshibuya
Listener

Make sure your mac notifications are switched on for zoom as well. Go to "system settings" search "notifications", look for the zoom app, and make sure it's toggled on.

Rakeshan_S
Listener

Hi @ktavares I faced the same issue, It turns out I had Do not Disturb enabled, once I switched it off, I started getting notifications.

you can switch it off from the control Center icon

Hamilton-Zoomie
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

The response above by CSHIBUYA is on the right path.  YOu need to have your Mac settings enabled for notifications in the operating system.
Then, like the Do Not Disturb feature mentioned above, make sure you're not in DND mode and that you have chat and channel notifications set properly- according to your preferences.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! 

If you're experiencing issues not receiving chat notifications, please follow the steps in this article to troubleshoot: Troubleshooting not receiving pop-up notifications on Zoom Team Chat

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?