cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change email address on my account

Cletus51
Listener

I recently changed my email address and no longer have access to the old one that is attached to my account.  When I tried to edit my profile to update to the new email, it told me that a confirmation email was sent to my old address... the one that I cannot open.  I tried to contact Support but hit a brick wall since I am not a Premium user.

The problem first became evident when I was hosting a meeting the other day and it timed out unexpectedly at 40 minutes.  I can only guess that notices of the expiration of my contract had been sent to the old address.

Since I cannot talk to a living person at Zoom, I am at a loss for how to fix this problem.

6 REPLIES 6

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Cletus51, welcome to the Zoom Community!

I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, I'd love to help you get it resolved. 

Zoom Moderator 

CA

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

MillerUA
Listener

What is the answer to this question?

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @MillerUA! I would suggest contacting Zoom support here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003 if you are still having issues with accessing your old email address.

You can't access unless it is a paid for account...

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @JB83 @Cletus51 @MillerUA you can create a web ticket here.

An Owner/Admin of the Account has the ability to contact our Zoom Support; which is the recommended route to go for "changing an email address" if the suggested from our KB Changing the email associated with your account doesn't help resolve your issue.

Basic Plan (free) has the access to the following support options:

• Knowledge Base
  • Zoom Community
  • Chatbot
  • Submit web tickets
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I just did and there is no point. I submitted a ticket from my new email address (since i can't access the old one) and I received an email saying: "Our records indicate that the email address provided in the request is not associated with an active Zoom account so we are unable to respond to your open ticket."

Any other ideas?