cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music been blotted out

Nollaig
Listener

As a music teacher, with some students the sound disappears, resulting I have to turn to what’s app to continue the lesson. I find this very disappointing also sometimes when I play on the higher registers of the violin the sound blots out and the student can’t hear me resulting in completing the lesson once again on what’s app??? By paying for zoom it is suppose to give me better opportunities instead I am loosing students because of disruptions. Any advice.

2 REPLIES 2

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

I'm sorry you're having issues within your Zoom meeting.  Do you have "Original Sound" enabled on your Zoom client when you're playing?
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003279466-Using-and-preserving-original-sound-in-a-meet...

Original sounds should allow your computer to capture more of the audio spectrum.  You can also try and turn down the noise reduction as that will try to actively cancel sounds that are not human voices.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

Toggling that setting on/off has zero effect on the problem. Can’t spend lesson time trying to solve Zoom-induced problem. Other than finding another vendor, what else can you suggest?