cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowing a previous known passcode to watch recorded video

Akrishna
Listener

I recorded a zoom session in my phone, when i was done, it was saved in cloud, the link was emailed to me. When I wanted to watch the recording, it asked for a passcode. I wasn’t aware that I had a passcode is there a way to retreive a previous meeting’s passcode?

7 REPLIES 7

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

The Passcode isn’t the Meeting Passcode, it’s passcode specific to the Recording. Normally you access these from your web account interface, and doing so from your Recordings tab doesn’t require a passcode. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hello. I didn't enter a passcode to record a video either and now that I want to watch it. And it says that I need to enter a passcode. I need it for a school assignment, due yesterday. Eek. Any suggestions on retrieving the video? Thank you in advance. 

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Terelle5.

If the recording was provided to you by others, you need to contact the owner of the recording for the Passcode. 

If this was a recording under your account, log in to Zoom first, and you should have access. 

sfyera
Listener

I have the same issue trying to share a recording link  -  Those I shared it with get a message that a passcode is needed. 

I can listen to  the recording when logged in .  How/where  do I find the passcode to send to others?  Thanks.

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @sfyera,

For Cloud Recordings, there is a link that the owner can use to view the video while logged in on the Zoom.us web site; there is a separate link that others use to access the recording.  click the Share button on the far right:

Ray_Harwood_0-1659563830090.png

Once that is clicked, you have to be sure you have your switches set properly in the "Share this cloud recording" window, based on how you want the recordings available, then click the Copy Sharing Information button highlighted in yellow below:

Ray_Harwood_1-1659563978337.png

If you paste that into an email, it looks something like this:

Ray_Harwood_2-1659564052189.png

Paste that in an email to your attendees. 

Hi,

I am running into this passcode issue when i try to watch a cloud recording from my own account. I'll go to the recordings tab (while signed in), pick the recording, and then i get a screen asking for a passcode. The recording was made from the same account and was logged in for both the recording the current effort to record it. How can i disable this requirement? Thanks!

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @mjrovner.

To bypass the security process for recording in your own account, you must be logged into your account on the Zoom Web Portal at https://Zoom.us.

If you are logged in and still unable to view your recording with the link, let me know and I’ll think some more!