cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join A Channel list cut off

eclarke_cfg
Listener

I recently joined a Zoom organization and when I try to browse channels using the "Join a Channel" function I notice it's arbitrarily cutoff around the letter "F" but there are definitely more channels in the org.

Is this working as intended, or should it continue to load more channels as I scroll?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @eclarke_cfg 

I hear ya, just confirming this seems to be the current limitations. 

Unfortunately, the community forum does not handle feature requests directly,  so I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Hi @eclarke_cfg 

Based on some testing I just did, seems that it doesn't keep loading public channels as you scroll and seems to cap itself at ~50 suggestions. If you know what channel you're looking for, the search function should narrow the results for you, or you can have someone already in the channel add you as a member. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi @Bort  thanks for the answer, but that isn't really helpful if you don't know what channels are available after the first 50. 

It's kind of like going to a community center and they hand you a list of classes or group sessions they offer, but it's only 50 entries long (and given it ends halfway through the alphabet you can only assume there's a bunch missing). Then you're stuck asking "do you offer pilates?" "do you offer xylophone tuning?" ad nauseum.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it could lazy load the rest of the channels, or have a "view more channels" or heck even a "view all channels" that takes you to the full list.

How do we escalate this to become a feature request?

Thanks!

Bort

Hi @eclarke_cfg 

I hear ya, just confirming this seems to be the current limitations. 

Unfortunately, the community forum does not handle feature requests directly,  so I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!