cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any text translator for zoom chat?

amit0089
Listener

Currently i was giving lecture to few new students. Most of them are from different countries. Is there any way that zoom can auto translate the conversation in chats , for easy communication.  Borderless, boundless communication.

4 REPLIES 4

ccameron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Amit,

Apologies as there currently isn't functionality to do translation via Zoom persistent or in-meeting chat. However, we did just release the ability for translated captions within your Zoom meetings. More info is below:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/6643133682957-Enabling-and-configuring-translated-captions

If this answered your question, please remember to "accept as a solution" and thumbs up.

Very interesting - I have the opposite problem!! I teach English to Spanish students through Zoom and use the chat to show my students how a word or phrase is written. Normally this works fine, BUT I have a new student who sees everything I write automatically (and miraculously) translated into Spanish!! We have analysed all his configuration and so far haven't discovered WHY this is happening and HOW to disable it. Any ideas??

AndreasP
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I just noticed this "new" feature in the client, where text from chats can be translated. It works well when translating into English, it's not possible (yet?) from English into other languages as I always get a "Translation timed out" message. On the other hand, how should the client know, into what language I want it translated? Certainly a good first step to enhance the experience. Client Version is 5.14.2

translate.jpg

AndreasP
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

here's the setting where you can define the preferred language in the client

select_language.jpg