cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a setting to disable the floating chat window?

huckncatch
Listener

Is there any way to make the chat window _not_ float above everything else and still be a separate window? To be clear, I'm not looking to disable, close, or merge the chat window, I want a separate chat window but not floating above all other windows. I want it to move to the background when I switch apps just like every other Zoom window.

Thanks!

macOS: 12.3.1 (21E258)

Zoom: 5.10.4 (6592)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there!

At this time, the meeting chat window will remain above other windows during a meeting. It can be resized to an extent. I encourage you to share this suggestion using this Feedback Form so it can be routed to the developers for consideration.

Find cool features and how to's in the Community Help Center. If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

S_K

Hi there!

At this time, the meeting chat window will remain above other windows during a meeting. It can be resized to an extent. I encourage you to share this suggestion using this Feedback Form so it can be routed to the developers for consideration.

Find cool features and how to's in the Community Help Center. If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️

SteveF1290
Listener

Hi - I have had Android Zoom for a while on my Galaxy Tab S6.  But this issue of my "chat head" floating over the top of the other participants in the meeting started recently - was this a "feature" from an upgrade?  I like the blur background, but I *hate* the floating chat head.  Is there no way to shut this off - even if I have to ditch the blur background?