cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I turn off chat, will I still be able to see the chat history?

BrentWM
Listener

If I turn off chat, will I still be able to see the chat history?

I need to turn off chat, but don't want to lose access to the history (legal/HR hold). It appears that I can turn off chat by unchecking the option "Account Management" > "Account Settings" > "Team Chat" > "Security" > "Allow users to chat with others" but if I do, I want to make sure we can still search the existing chat history for the period set in "Account Management" > "Account Settings" > "Team Chat" > "Storage" > "Set retention period for messages and files in Zoom's cloud."

Can anyone confirm this?

1 REPLY 1

Hamilton-Zoomie
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Now, why would anyone turn off Team Chat when it surpasses Slack and MS Teams!?!?
But to answer your question and deliver happiness, if you disable Team Chat doing the steps you mentioned above, it does not delete chat history.  That remains in the database according to your cloud retention settings accessible in the chat history reports for those with permissions to view.
In addition, if you re-enabled Team Chat, then all of that message (again- according to retention policies) would show back up in the client to continue chatting.