cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unhide zoom channel

Lurking-shadows
Listener

I have updated my zoom app to version 5.7.5 (1020). I hid my zoom channel and I am unable to unhide it. Some of the channels show up when someone is added or someone sends a message in it. I searched for the solution on google and they work with older versions of zoom. Link-How to Hide or Unhide Chat in Zoom - YouTube .I figured out how to bring back the external contacts on my contact list, but not the channel. I even tried to exit and then open the app, it did nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

acompton
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You can search for the channel using the using the search box (Ctrl+f for windows).  If you open the channel, it will no longer be hidden.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jdott16
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hello, 

Can you verify if you are on a windows or a mac? When you hide the channel, and the search for it does the channel not populate in your search? Thank you.

windows

jdott16

@Lurking-shadows I attempted this on my windows machine on 5.7.5 (1020) and am unable to replicate it. When I hide a chat channel, I can go into my search and type in the channel name, and it will show. If you'd like, you can go to the following article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362163-Mass-Installation-and-Configuration-for-Windows scroll to the bottom and run the CleanZoom.zip file to perform a fresh uninstall of your Zoom client. Once it has run, head to zoom.us/download and then download the 32 or 64 bit Zoom client to match with your system. Once complete, you should be able to search for your hidden channels. Thank you.

acompton

You can search for the channel using the using the search box (Ctrl+f for windows).  If you open the channel, it will no longer be hidden.

AsmitSharma
Listener

go to chat then go on channel + sign and then join channel when join channel apper then your old channel option come then click on the channel then your channel will unhide