cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unblock a (blocked and deleted contact back)

Riri_chan
Listener

I blocked someone and then deleted their chat but now we settled the issue and we've been trying to talk but I cant unblock because I can't find their contact and when they try sending a friend request to me I can't see it, I hope zoom can come up with a solution for this issue.

21 REPLIES 21

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Riri_chan! To unlock a user, go to Settings>Chat>Manage Blocked Users. Let me know if this helps! 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi, I had the same issue but can’t find the option. I went to settings>chat, but the option “manage blocked users” wasn’t available 

you can scroll down until you see an option labelled "blocked users [manage blocked users...]"

I don't have any of these options!!

Same, I just don't have any of these options

Hi, I have tried it, but none of them is available 

ummm… is there anyway else, because that only works on a laptop, like a mobile option. Even if I get into the web it stills not having those options.

Hi bri 

well I’m 9 years old and I have a iPad I have a friend I got mad at and I blocked him but now we’re friends and I don’t know how to unblock him I tried to find what you said but it did not work 

Hello I also blocked one of my friends and tried your method however it did not work I do not see chat manage or option please help me

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

MaryMc1
Listener

I have the same problem. I blocked someone inadvertantly, but they are not listed in my contacts or elsewhere to unblock? How do I unblock an email address? 

Thank you!

Meme_
Listener

You can go to Home(in the zoom application) > Settings(icon) > chat > scroll down to "manage blocked users" > unblock the desired user > send contact request... i had the same problem. if this works for you, can you accept this as a solution, so others can get the same help?

I’m in the Home Screen but there’s no settings icon. There’s only New Meeting, Join, Schedule, Share screen

Meme__0-1670770536550.png

Meme__0-1670770679009.png

Meme__1-1670770737198.png

This helped me thanks.

MavMav
Listener

Same

did it work?

no, because my friend and i blocked each other. Is there another way?

Bigcat
Listener

How do I unblock users on an apple iPad?

Yeah i need help with that it just says the way on computer