cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove mentions from sidebar?

mwwb2020
Listener

How do I remove the mentions section from the left-hand side bar.  The new additions of Mentions, missed calls, contact requests, bookmarks, and files take up way too much space and I don't want them to appear.

4 REPLIES 4

niranjan
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@mwwb2020 - Please go to Settings > Chat to change the options available in the left sidebar.

niranjan_0-1652327715134.png

HTH

mwwb2020
Listener

As you can see from the screenshot you posted there is no option to remove mentions. I can remove everything else but mentions. 

my question is, how do I remove mentions from the left hand side bar of the chat?

niranjan

@mwwb2020 - Currently there is no option available to remove mentions from the left sidebar.

That’s too bad. I honestly wish I didn’t update my zoom chat. This area of “stuff” takes up so much space in the sidebar and I don’t use any of it. Such a waste of space.

Zoom needs to rethink this feature and allow users to hide unnecessary items for which they don’t use especially when there’s a small amount of real estate for such features to exist in. 

Final thought. Please allow users to remove this section! Design with the user in mind; Don’t force functionality.