cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hands Raised in Participant Window

Mary14
Listener

Why is the hand raised counted as a "white hand" in the participant window?

I hosted a zoom, and the hand raised was a person of color "darker hand," but the hand raised counter was a "white hand."  Please explain.

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Mary14,

This has to do with each participant’s selection of skin tone for the Reactions. Please see this Zoom Support page for more information – look for Skin Tone. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

This is not an answer to my question.  I am aware that an individual may choose their skin tone.  My issue is in the participation window at the bottom where the count is displayed for raised hand, the hand is the color representing a white person, when all the hands raised were people of color.

Ray_Harwood

@Mary14 , sorry for not interpreting your question correctly.

I do not know what the selection criteria is for the color of the hand being displayed by the count.  I'm assuming that the Zoom program does not do an analysis of the received items to show a "majority shown" hand color, and probably uses the generic "off yellow" default hand color (the white hand is a lot more white).  Here are the selections from the Reaction's Skin Tone selection:

Ray_Harwood_0-1652293279950.png

You might consider making a Feature Request that the hosts' own selection of hand color be used in the tally area... that might be a relatively simple change to make; analyzing the make-up of the received Reactions would be a lot more difficult.

Feature Requests are made here:  https://www.zoom.us/feed 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !