cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files in Channels

Maugrim
Listener

Hello,

every time we try to send Files in a Zoom Channel we only receive the Message: "You are currently not allowed to store files because your administrator has disabled file sharing." 

Im the administrator but i cant find the option to activate the upload of files. Where can i activate it?

7 REPLIES 7

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Maugrim 

To allow file transfers in Zoom Chat channels, you need to go to the IM Management page, which is found under the Account Management section of the website. There you can ensure File transfer is enabled and can even specify which file types you want to allow. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Maugrim
Listener

Hi @Bort 

thanks for the quick response. Isnt this option only for In Meeting? I tried to activate it but it still said its not allowed. Or do i have to restart the Zoom Client after the change?

Bort

No, there are 2 different settings for controlling file transfer in chat: one for Zoom Chat (the chat option in the desktop client) and one for in-meeting chat. The settings I mentioned in my comment above are for Zoom Chat, but if you are having this issue with the in-meeting chat, then it would the same named setting, but on the normal Settings page, instead of the IM Settings page. 

Also, keep in mind that if the channel you are having issues with is an external channel that you joined, meaning it was created by someone on a different account and you were added to it, then it may not be possible for you to enable file transfer in that chat channel. The admin of the account that created the channel would need to allow file transfer. 

I would certainly recommend a quick restart of the app after changing that sort of setting, as it may not immediately sync that update to the client, but a restart will do that. 

Maugrim
Listener

I just tried to follow the Link you provided for the IM Settings but i says that i have "No authorization". But i use the mangement account with all rights. 

Bort

If opening that page says that you have no authorization, then you may not have the full admin rights to the account. When logged in to your account on the website, do you see the Account Management section on the left side? If so, when you click on that section, do you see Account Settings as an option below? 

I just wanted to answer you when i tried something. I cant access your Link in the German Version. But the moment i changed it to english i was able to access it. But im not able to find a file transfer option for the Zoom Client Chat. I can only find the options for in Meeting.

Maugrim_1-1644993826794.png

Bort

Once again, the page you are viewing is the Meeting tab of the Settings page, which would only show options for in-meeting chat. You need to switch to the Zoom Chat tab of the Account Settings page:

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 12.42.08.png

If you don't see the Zoom Chat tab, then there should be a dedicated link in the navigation menu. It would be found under Account Settings and be named IM Settings