cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t understand what is happening

susanafranklin
Listener

When I send an invitation zoom puts “you are being rate limited, try again later” 

Someone knows what is it about?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BlueTear
Listener

when you send a link using fb or whatsapp (or other platforms) some of them (like whatsApp) tries to get a „preview” of that link. whatsApp „preview” is rate rate-limited and so it displays you the preview it gets from zoom: you are rate limited.

this has to do with whatsapp making too many such requests and not with you . you can use it just fine, don`t worry about that message displayed IN WHATSAPP 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @susanafranklin,

Apparently something you are doing is exceeding established limits for how often you can do something.

While this article is a bit technical and intended primarily for API users/developers, it provides some information about hours often you can do certain things.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/rate-limits/

If you were resending an invitation to the same individual more than once, there is a rate limit of 10 sends per 24-hour day. As the referenced article points out:

This 24-hour period resets at 00:00 UTC,
not the user or account's local timezone.

You should be able to try the request again successfully after 00:00 UTC. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

pamela7
Listener

Similar problem, and Ray's answer doesn't quite explain it:

have free account, had 2 40-minute meetings with my brother. When the second meeting expired I created (3rd) new meeting and pasted invitation into whatsapp. Saw aforementioned message "You are being rate limited, try again later". Brother unable to connect.

Created another two new meetings, sent him invitation (no error messages this time) and again he was unable to join. Created yet another new meeting some 5 minutes later and he was finally able to join.

Have found absolutely no reference to limitation how many new meetings free account can create. Didn't send personalized invitation, so I don't see how "invitation to the same individual" can apply and anyway it was the third, not the eleventh meeting in 24-hour period.

Any inkling what the small print conditions are in this case? (e.g. 5 minutes between end of one meeting and start of next?) I have no problem with restrictions but I need to know about them so I can adapt.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @pamela7,

Again, I think the message is coming from WhatsApp.  The green background I see in the screen shots from everyone who has posted one looks to me like WhatsApp is trying to access the Zoom site for a preview to display... but Zoom is rate-limiting WhatsApp on the preview.  So it's not really a Zoom issue for you... it's a Zoom issue for WhatsApp (okay, it eventually affects you, but in my opinion it's WhatsApp's problem to fix, nothing you can do about it).

I'm a Zoom customer just like you folks... I don't have any magic formula or connections to either Zoom or WhatsApp (and I only use WhatsApp with a few international clients).  I don't think you're going to get any assistance from Zoom on this... but you could try entering a Support Ticket:

Support Ticket entry: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

Sorry... that's all I've got for you! 😎

Diamondspirit
Listener

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 17.23.39.png

Diamondspirit
Listener

Im getting this message to will it stop people being able to join?

Ray_Harwood

Again, I think the message is coming from WhatsApp - not Zoom.  Ask WhatsApp about this message.

If you're not using WhatsApp... what app are you using where this is displayed?

sparkei2023
Listener

This message is also coming up when I set up a link in Google Classroom! There is nothing about limitations or anything. 

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @sparkei2023.

Can you please upload a screen shot of the message you see?  Without it, I'm not sure what we can do.

sparkei2023
Listener

On the zoom link, there is a message!!! I have no problem using the platform but I would like to know what this means. 

Ray_Harwood

What’s the info in the little box to the left of the message and Zoom link?  I don’t think this message is from Zoom – it’s from the provider of the box that contains the Zoom link, but pretty certain it is not generated by Zoom. 

BlueTear
Listener

when you send a link using fb or whatsapp (or other platforms) some of them (like whatsApp) tries to get a „preview” of that link. whatsApp „preview” is rate rate-limited and so it displays you the preview it gets from zoom: you are rate limited.

this has to do with whatsapp making too many such requests and not with you . you can use it just fine, don`t worry about that message displayed IN WHATSAPP 

Thank you very much!!!!

Thank you