cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacts

Mahmood_Azmi
Listener

Hey,so recently I blocked my friend and then deleted her contact.I knew how to add her back as I had done it before.I accessed the blocked section to unblock her so I can add her contact,and unlike the last time I blocked and deleted her,  her contact name was not there.Any solutions to this problem?

4 REPLIES 4

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Mahmood_Azmi!

Basic account users will not have admin control for IM mgmt / contacts but still should be allowed to invite contacts by following instructions here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004055706-Adding-and-managing-Zoom-contacts

If the contact your inviting is part of an account that has policies against communicating with external contacts you may have to work with their admins.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Thank you for replying, however the problem for me is that I had blocked the user then deleted their contact.I can’t unblock them and therefore add them.

S_K

Hi Mahmood_Azmi,

Using a test account, it's been confirmed that a blocked and deleted contact can be added back to Zoom Chat. Since your question is listed under Chat, I assumed this is the concern.

If you followed the steps below and receive an error message, please share that message to give us more insight on the issue. I also wonder if it's possible the user has blocked you as a contact. 

1. In Zoom Chat, select Contacts
  2. Select the  icon to add contact
  3. Select Invite a Zoom Contact
  4. Enter email address of contact and select Invite 

If my reply helped  guide you in the right direction or resolved the issue, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️

Cheers!

S_K

Hi @Mahmood_Azmi! You have some responses to your discussion worth noting. Have any of these answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution! ⤵️