cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Captioning

Karisit
Listener

I am really struggling with setting up closed captioning for an upcoming Zoom meeting.  I want it to be automatic, not manually typed.  I have copied the token, but when I paste it in the chat, I get an error message.  

"

Whitelabel Error Page

This application has no explicit mapping for /error, so you are seeing this as a fallback.

Thu Oct 07 18:19:08 UTC 2021
There was an unexpected error (type=Method Not Allowed, status=405)."

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Karisit 

The token is for use when you have an external service doing the captioning. You provide the token to them.

If you want live transcription in Zoom, then this is a separate feature called Live Transcription.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rupert

Hi @Karisit 

The token is for use when you have an external service doing the captioning. You provide the token to them.

If you want live transcription in Zoom, then this is a separate feature called Live Transcription.

Hi @Rupert ,

As a Participant I wanted to use live caption for that what i need to d?

can you please help me on that.

I was under the impression that you needed to have a 3rd party in order to have Closed Captions.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Closed captions can be provided one of 3 ways: 

• A participant in the meeting entering the captions
  • A 3rd-party service listening to the meeting and providing the captions
  • Zoom's AI-powered Live Transcription service, which provides captions without a participant or 3rd-party service. 

Thank you for the info Bort.  I have two questions about the AI-powered Live Transcription service.  First, can the captions be in any language or is English the only one available?  Second, is there an additional zoom cost for this service?  Thank you so much.