cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat search results misses results

EnzoM
Listener

Has anyone had a problem where search results in Zoom Chat (outside meetings) don't display complete results?  A colleague and I recently did a little test where we searched for a person's name who we knew had been discussed over the last few days.  My most recent result was accurate but hers was not - a number of days ago was her first result whereas mine was yesterday.  Why does this happen?  Makes it difficult to any confidence in the search results!

4 REPLIES 4

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Have you attempted this on the latest software? I am on a MacOS with 5.11.1 and I have noticed that the search results are much cleaner now and more accurate. I have seen in past releases that the search results were lacking, but it seems to have been fixed now in the latest release. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

EnzoM
Listener

Thanks for the reply, we'll give that a try. We think is likely has to do with using multiple platforms to interact on the same account, and the search function looking at some separate, outdated cache rather than what we see when we actually browse the chat?  Can see the guys name in the chat/channel more recently than the search shows it.  Anyway, hopefully a version update will help.

YaBoiB

@EnzoM

Have you tried out the new Folders function on the Zoom Desktop Client? I really, really like this feature. It helps me keep all of my channels organized. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Confirmed software is fully updated but no difference: performing the same search on different machines still results in different results.