cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not stop chat, as host, in meeting.

jacky
Listener

Hello. I am not able to stop chat during a meeting, as a host. In the past I have been able to select "Participant can chat with... no one" and it would stop the chat until I restarted it. Has something changed? Sometimes we need to be able to moderate the chat box and sometimes that means turning it off.  Today I was not able to at all. 

2 REPLIES 2

SammyMellor
Listener

Hi Jacky

There are two ways to stop your meeting participants from chatting inside your meeting. You will need to be the host however in both scenarios.

1. Click the Security button and untick the Chat option

2. Open the separate Chat window and click the three-dot menu. This allows you more granular control over who the participants can chat to.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Sammy

Nafi
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Yes as @SammyMellor mention, you can do that here is for your reference : https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004809306-Controlling-and-disabling-in-meeting-chat?mob... 

Hope it helps! please like and mark this as solution so whenever someone has the same question this content will help.

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)