cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN NOT USE COPY/PASTE IN WEBINAR CHAT

Polecat2
Listener

In last few months, I have noticed that attending Webinars that I and others are not able to COPY the links and text that presenters place in the CHAT section of the Webinars. Example : Rick Steve's Monday night live travel presentations. The staff there says they are working with ZOOM but so far have not solved that problem. Today on the ZOOM live presentation the same problem. I could not copy the ZOOM webpage links that were presented in the CHAT.

When will this be fixed ?  The links and text posted in the Q & A section can be copied - BUT - the presenters are still posting their links in the CHAT during a webinar which does not allow them to be copied.

2 REPLIES 2

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Polecat2 

Maybe Save Chat is disabled - and maybe that also disables the ability to copy and paste for security? Just guessing - I'd need to test.

Other than that, ensure you are up-to-date in Zoom with any updates.

May this will help.

Rupert

This is a bug, we get truncated text when copying. This used to work . Even trying to cut in sections then hits some maximum number of characters and you cant add any more.  Please fix. Theres rumblings of switching back to Ms teams which I dont want to do