cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Deleting users in zoom chat

Mathscience
Listener

I blocked my friend on zoom chat and instead of hitting unblock I deleted her. Now when I send her a contact request, she doesn't receive it. How should I:

a) unblock her and

b) add her into my contacts again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Melody_Animates
Listener

You can go to Settings > chat > scroll down to "manage blocked users" > unblock the desired user > send contact request

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! On this support page there is a clean zoom uninstaller that I would like for you to use to uninstall the zoom client from your machine and then reinstall using the zoom.us/download page. Would you be willing to try that for me, please? 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362163-Mass-deployment-with-preconfigured-settings-for-...

Here is the page, do a search for Clean Zoom Uninstaller and it will populate. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Will my data be safe, since I would not like to lose my chat histories.

YaBoiB

Hello @Mathscience , 

No, you will lose your chat history if you perform this action. What we can do is have a support ticket created for you with our Moderators. Do you have a support ticket submitted already, or would you like for me to request that one be created on your behalf?

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Oh, thanks for the information. Actually I took a help of a common friend and now we have a channel which acts as our private chat. Thanks for the help though!

YaBoiB

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the community!
If the solution that I have provided works for you, please click on the "Accepted as Solution" button in the bottom right corner.

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

I did the same thing, how to unblock after deleting?

chezsher
Listener

I am a teacher who had a student waiting to come into virtual class 5 minutes early. I was on with other students, and accidentally blocked the student, rather than just hitting the X , so his request did not show. How do I unblock him now?

YaBoiB

Hello @chezsher,

Here is how you can actively Allow a participant to rejoin your Zoom Meeting. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Melody_Animates
Listener

You can go to Settings > chat > scroll down to "manage blocked users" > unblock the desired user > send contact request

thank you so much.

Thank you so much @Melody_Animates it was so helpful

hailey3
Listener

uhh hi my name is hailey and i want to fine my friend but it won't let me