cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Reply on Zoom SMS?

nsteen
Listener

Is there a way to set up an auto reply for Zoom sms? I am going on vacation and want to sent up an out of office auto-reply for any texts I receive. 

11 REPLIES 11

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @nsteen welcome to the community! Suggest checking my response within the discussion Chat Autoreply, as you have the ability to set a personal note within your Zoom profile for Out Of Office purposes. 

You also have the ability to set your presence status to Out Of Office ⤵️

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 1.48.26 PM.png

Here are some KBs on Personal Notes and how to utilize this feature:

- Using the Personal Note for your chat profile

Using your personal chat space

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Whitney1 @nsteen as of now, I don't believe auto reply with Zoom Team Chat exists. However, you have the option to 'Set Status Message', as if a client were to try to reach out to you via Team Chat, this status message would be prompt'd to the client that is trying to contact you via Team Chat. Otherwise, I don't believe there is any automation as to responses if OOO, yet!

Hoping to see something like this soon though. If I find any workarounds, I will ensure to note them to you! Please submit this also to https://zoom.us/feed as this is where we take all Zoom feedback into consideration, thanks! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I'm not looking for help with team chat - I don't use that. I'm talking about a way to set an out of office reply on SMS. I did submit it to the Zoom feed though. 

nsteen
Listener

That's not quite what I'm looking for. I don't need to set an out of office for chat, only for the SMS I receive. Is that possible?

Whitney1
Listener

I am been looking for the same thing as nsteen 

Something similar to even call forwarding but for SMS

My employees use their Zoom to SMS with clients but when they are out of office or on vacation it would be amazing if the messages could forward to someone else and/or a automatic reply to let our clients know. Any help here would be great!!

asims357
Listener

That would also make a huge difference for my company. Customers do not know when I am out of the office if they text me. 

Same here.  I just thought that I couldn't find the option in the interface.  Wow, I am really stunned that Zoom has no option for SMS auto reply.  I can tell you that many of the other VOIP offerings out there do.  Very disappointed, and dread having to move to another provider.  After hours response is a must for me.  

ITMan318
Listener

Is there a way that an admin can setup this out of office reply?  Say if someone quits or is terminated, we would like to get a message in sooner than later.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ITMan318 if you proceed with Deactivating, unlinking, or deleting users from your account, deactivating a user will prevent them from signing in to their Zoom account or utilizing any of the features.

This user will not be searchable and, if a starred contact, there will be a Deactivated indication next to their name. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

MizeraDigital
Listener

I was told that Zoom has no plans to offer automated SMS responses.  I wish I knew this before I transferred my number.  Now looking at other options.  

I am shocked they don't offer this or have any plans to. Every other phone/texting service does, and it seems like it wouldn't be a difficult feature to add.