cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Error

Naveenkumar_K
Listener

Hi,

I bought a new ASUS Laptop X513EA model. I have installed Zoom in my laptop. Frequently i am facing audio issues only in zoom. Zoom is not able to detect any audio devices (Inbuild Mic& Speakers, Wired Headphone or Wireless Bluetooth Headset).  Most of the time it says the following error only. If I click on "Test Speaker & Microphone", Sometimes during the testing time alone Mic & Audio's are enable once done, it again revert back to the same error. 

(The audio detect error is not happening in other platforms like Teams, Web WhatsApp call, etc)

Naveenkumar_K_0-1638331063315.png

Can someone please let me know how to resolve this error ?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Naveenkumar_K, can you go into your Zoom Client settings > Audio > and change the microphone and speaker "same as system'' or you may be seeing what's available on your device.

As per checking, once you have plugged in a new device like a headset, your Zoom microphone will be by default be changed to that device. In the meeting, you have the option to change it back to your desired speaker or microphone by clicking on the arrow icon on the microphone, and you will be seeing the available speaker and microphone you can choose. 

I'd advise trying to uninstall again and going to https://zoom.us/download -> downloading the 64bit version. Check the device's audio drivers ensuring they're up-to-date. If the Zoom app doesn’t have permission to use your microphone in Windows, it will not work. So, you need to check and grant access to windows privacy settings.

Hope this provides you with some guidance! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!