cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding users to Channels/Groups

JeremyW
Listener

I really want to push my users to Zoom chat & channels over teams but I'm struggling with adding users.   We have SAML mapping done to add our users to a group based on AD location, but ZOOM limits SAML mapping to only the first claim so everything else is ignored.  

I've finally conceded and created 50+ channels and manually added users to those channels, but I have a few channels that need every user in the company added to them.   I really don't see an easy way to do this.   If I create a group and try to add members, I can only add them one at a time and a limit of 10 in a batch.  Same goes for channels.    

Does anyone have any tricks on managing members of groups or channels since the AD SAML mapping is limited?   

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @JeremyW , so sorry for just now seeing your post! Are you still having issues with this? If so, please let me know. 

Carla

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

ell_bhoy
Listener

Hi, I am experiencing the exact same issue.  Did you ever find a work around for this?

@CarlaA do you have a solution for adding all users to a single channel.  I want to use this channel to send IT System notifications in the event that Office 365 is down and so want to include all users in the organisation.

Thank you

At the time there was no solution.  I spoke with multiple people at Zoom and the only way to do it was to manually add each user.  Having the ability to use existing AD or 365 groups would make this so much easier.