cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recorded audio is quiet

rleonardIII
Listener

I'm recording the audio and video in my meetings and my audio is MUCH quieter than the other person's audio. During the conversation, the other person tells me they can hear me loud and clear. Also, when I test the audio, it sounds fine.

Is adjusting the advanced audio settings the only solution to fixing this? I've toggled with many of the available settings and nothing has changed.

5 REPLIES 5

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! You might want to check your system audio and see if you have the volume slider down. See screenshot. I have my audio from my system preferences on my mac set here. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 5.52.34 PM.png

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

rleonardIII
Listener

Hi Brandon,

I am using a Rodecaster to pull the audio from my microphone, which is then plugged into my computer. Everything seems to be set up correctly as far as audio settings on the Rodecaster and on my Mac. When I do a regular recording, the audio levels are fine, but when I record on Zoom, the recording is very quiet. Not sure what the issue is, it seems to be something with the settings on Zoom's end - since the problem only happens with Zoom recordings. I wonder if possibly my computer gets "strained" with doing an hour recording, and suppresses my audio to some degree?

YaBoiB

Hi @rleonardIII

I would say that straining is not the case. Zoom has audio compression embedded into its software, so this is the problem here. Still, the only way to find out would be if you were to put in a Support ticket with our team and for our backend engineers to have a meeting ID with some logging from your client to read the data and determine where the issue is coming from. With your permission, I request that the moderators open a support ticket on your behalf. Would you like for me to request this?

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

rleonardIII
Listener

Hi Brandon - please do. Could you loop in *********** on the support ticket as well? Thanks.

rleonardIII
Listener

Hi Brandon - Any update on this? I would like to get this resolved ASAP.