cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breakout rooms

gykendall
Listener

Here's what I want to do:

In one room, I want to share a screen containing an assignment with the entire class.  However, during the assignment, I want to meet briefly with individual students in a breakout room.  Once our short meeting is done, I want to send that student back to the main room and bring another student into the breakout room, and so on.

Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @gykendall,

Eminently doable!!

First of all, you need to be a host or cohost.  You’ll be able to move any attendee to/from any breakout room. I’m pretty sure you can also move them back to the main room (I’ll check in the morning and update this with my findings). 

Carefully select the Breakout Room options. Check out this Zoom Support article for details on the options:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-Breakout-Rooms

In your situation, I’d recommend not allowing participants to select their own breakout room, but do let them leave the breakout room add needed. 

As with most advanced Zoom features, I highly recommend grabbing a few helpers to help you test this out and practice to get it down pat so you’re not fumbling with it during the live event. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !