cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom takes ages to start

kiaikidobcn
Listener

Hi,

as of lately I find that each time that I start zoom by putting the link of a zoom room in the browser, it takes ages before the zoom dialog saying that the host will let me in soon appears....is it possible that this happens because I need to install a new version of the zoom client?
I am also trying to install again the zoom client but each time it gets stuck at 0% without progressing (on Windows 10)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @kiaikidobcn

Are you actually talking about a Zoom Room or a Zoom meeting session, because this area of the Community page is dedicated to Zoom Rooms questions. There can be very many factors as to why a Room join link takes time to join. It could be network related, bandwidth related, firewall related, device related, version related. I can tell you that we are not experiencing any "known" outages with Zoom Rooms at this time, so the issue is most likely one of the above. Troubleshooting must be done in a situation like this to determine the cause of the issue. Which would most likely need a support ticket. The community is mostly for questions/answers, but we can definitely work with you to attempt to find a solution. I just think that a support ticket might be a quicker and less painful process in this case. 

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

YaBoiB

Hello @kiaikidobcn , 

Zoom Rooms are designed to work with calendering systems like Google, Outlook, etc. 

The join link goes in the location field but if you are integrated this is done automatically when you invite the Zoom Room into your event through calendaring. If you look at our support pages at support.zoom.us you can see that we have extensive documentation on what ever calendaring system that you use. 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi Brandon,
thx for your reply!
However I am not sure what calendary systems have to do with what I am seaching help with.
I am just saying that each time that I try to enter zoom by clicking on the link to a zoom room/session or whatever it is called, it takes a very long time before I can actually access the room .... and sometimes I have to do it several times before I gain access....
Regards

YaBoiB

Hi @kiaikidobcn

Are you actually talking about a Zoom Room or a Zoom meeting session, because this area of the Community page is dedicated to Zoom Rooms questions. There can be very many factors as to why a Room join link takes time to join. It could be network related, bandwidth related, firewall related, device related, version related. I can tell you that we are not experiencing any "known" outages with Zoom Rooms at this time, so the issue is most likely one of the above. Troubleshooting must be done in a situation like this to determine the cause of the issue. Which would most likely need a support ticket. The community is mostly for questions/answers, but we can definitely work with you to attempt to find a solution. I just think that a support ticket might be a quicker and less painful process in this case. 

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi Brandon,
actually yes, I am talking about a zoom session (for some reason I thought it would be the same, since a session happens in a "room" of sorts, isn't it?)
Ok I'll try to go for issuing a ticket!
Best regards

YaBoiB

Hi @kiaikidobcn

It is a common mistake. A Zoom Room is a conferencing room with video and audio devices designed in the room. Like a boardroom, where NY people can talk with LA people or anyone around the world. Zoom Rooms are extremely popular with many business and Enterprise customers of Zoom. 

I am sure that our techs should be able to find the issue and resolve it. Please let me know the ticket number and I will follow the ticket and help the Zoom technical support representatives if I can. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion