cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom room theme not applying

CounoTech
Listener

I'm trying to enable dark mode on a few zoom rooms and it doesn't seem to be applying the settings to the actual zoom rooms as they all remain in light mode.

I've set the theme in the global account settings as well as on each zoom room setting as well and I've also completed reboots of the zoom rooms but they still remain in light mode. I've attached screenshots of the theme settings I've set to verify this is set to dark mode.

Is there something I'm missing that needs applying on these to adjust them to be dark mode on the zoom rooms?

38 REPLIES 38

pieterbotes
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi

Can you confirm on which version the Zoom Rooms are?

Thanks!

Hi Pieterbotes,

the Zoom rooms were all recently updated to version 5.12.6.

Thanks

pieterbotes

That should work then.  Are these Windows/Mac/Appliances?  And what controllers are you using?

Thanks!

Logitech model VU0053

pieterbotes

I got one of those units and tested it with Dark Mode and it definitely works as expected with that version of software.  Let's look at the following to see what it is set to.

On the Touch Controller, click on "Settings" and then "General" and check on the right hand side what the "Theme" is set to?

Trying to see what it actually says on the device itself.  Let me know what that is set to and then we can troubleshoot back from that to see where this is going wrong.

Thanks!

CounoTech
Listener

Hey,  Unless i am in the wrong place i don't see that on the controller, image attached.

pieterbotes

Hi, that is the right place.  I'm definitely missing something here.  Give me a run down of the components here.  This a Windows based Zoom Room? 

Thanks!

CounoTech
Listener

Hey,

Apologies I'm not to hot on the Zoom admin portal.  Where would i go to check that?

We have the controller in rooms "i think" and have iPad's on the room walls to show busy free etc.

Thanks,

pieterbotes

Hey, so under the Zoom Admin portal go to:

Room Management --> Zoom Rooms

Then check for the room you are working on and click on that room.  That should then show you the device and under the middle column it will show what system it is.

Please remember not to post anything that has PII (IP addresses etc) on it.

Thanks!

CounoTech
Listener

Thank you.  Image attached.

pieterbotes

Thanks.  The iPad itself is where the issue is as that is only on v5.9.4.  Check on the iPad is you can upgrade the Zoom app via the App Store.  It should indicate that there is an update available.  When that is done you should have the dark mode being applied.

Have this answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!  

Thanks!

CounoTech
Listener

Hey,

Thanks for your help thus far.

The client has advised "I have updated the Zoom controller App on the iPads of Collab rooms 1 and 2, meeting room and library (board room is being used at the moment and cannot be accessed), and the tablets in the rooms are still in white."
Images attached.

pieterbotes

That should have upgraded to v5.12.6 which is the current version.  I see it only went to v5.10.  Dark mode is only supported from v5.11 and upwards on the iPad as a controller.  Is the iPad maybe on some sort of MDM or something?  I don't have and iPad with that specific IOS version to test with but you may also want to make sure the iPad is on the latest IOS version.
We definitely need to get to the correct app version on the iPad to resolve this.
You can see on this link the latest is:  v5.12.6. Zoom Rooms Controller on the App Store (apple.com)

Thanks!

CounoTech
Listener

hi,  the client has updated the IOS and the apps but they still have the same issue 😞

CounoTech
Listener

final image from previous update

pieterbotes

that still looks like the previous version.  Can you check on the Zoom Admin portal what version it is showing?

Thanks!

sorry i thought i had included those.

Here they are

pieterbotes

That definitely should then be able to do dark mode.  Could you check on the controller under "Settings" and then "General" if the "Theme" is now showing and what it is set to?

Thanks!

Hey.

No "Theme" shown 😞

pieterbotes

It definitely should be there.  I'm just looking at that screen shots you send over and those look like it is from the "Launch Controller" option on the Zoom Admin portal and not actually screen shots of the device in the room.  The "soft controller" that you see via the Zoom Admin portal does not have dark mode.  But the device in the actual room does.  Can you get a photo of the actual iPad in the room itself?  I'm 99% sure there will be a theme option there and that this should be working as you are on the right versions etc.

Thanks!

From the client

This is the boardroom tablet, and I have also checked all the other devices and they all look the same.

hey,  i was just wondering if there were further steps to follow to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

CounoTech
Listener

From the client

This is the boardroom tablet, and I have also checked all the other devices and they all look the same.

pieterbotes

@CounoTech Just a note that I'm looking into this with a couple of team mates to see what we could be missing. Will reply soon.

Thanks!

pieterbotes

@CounoTech I need to get some clarity here as this might be the issue.  The screenshots you previously shown me on this thread stated iPad as the controllers.  But the new photos you shown me of the controllers are actually Logitech and those look to be USB based to a Windows Room.  Is that correct?

If so, the iPad controllers should now already show dark mode as that is supported today.  The Logitech via USB mode to Windows based Zoom Rooms is not supported right now.  This should change really soon but I can't give any dates on this.

Thanks!

Hi,

Apologies for any confusion.  The controller is the Logitech and the iPad shows the free busy times.  the controller goes into a Hub.  We have a similar setup with a Logitech and dark mode works without issue 🙂

Thank you,

pieterbotes

All good and that does clear it up.  On your system that is showing dark mode, is that maybe the Android based appliance version of the Logitech?  It is only the Windows based version that does support that today.

Thanks!

I see.  Is there a time frame on that being supported?  This all came about as we updated the Logitech due to an issue and they lost a darker shade display.  The way we could see to get it back was Dark mode.

pieterbotes

I can't give actual dates as sometimes features does get pushed out but can say that it is pretty close.  Apologies for not being able to give something more here but I'm going to keep this thread open and the moment it is out I'll give you an update.

Thanks!

No problem.  I have passed that onto the client.  Is there a way to be alerted to new releases/updates so we can install when it comes out?

Also can i be cheeky and ask for help on another issue post update the client are asking us to edit.  They want to revert the iPad view back to before the update (images attached)

• V (Valesco logo) is hidden by the banner
  • Date position is different from the old one
  • Room name seems bigger

Is it possible to use the old layout?  I didn't see an option on the Admin portal to change this.

pieterbotes

You can subscribe on this page for any status updates which will include the availability of new clients.  Zoom Status

For the actual release notes, you can use this page:  Release Notes – Zoom Support

Thanks!

pieterbotes

You can subscribe on this page for any status updates which will include the availability of new clients.  Zoom Status

For the actual release notes, you can use this page:  Release Notes – Zoom Support

Let me check on the layout and get back to you.  When it comes to updates, we are enforcing a life cycling due to new functionality being released all the time and that would negatively affect the customers experience.

I'll get back to you on the layout.
Thanks!

pieterbotes

For loading an older version of the software again, do you know if the iPads are connected to our ZDM or to any other type of MDM solution?

Thanks!

Hi,

I don't think there is a form of MDM for this active.  The iPads were installed by a third party and we as the MSP manage the licences/support for Zoom but not the hardware.

pieterbotes

Understood.  There isn't a way as far as I know to load an older version of an app via the Appstore.

Thanks!

Thanks.  So this change is part of an update as we'll have to edit the background for the client.

pieterbotes

Feedback on the background is that going forward the design is based on what you are seeing on that update and there is no plans at the moment to revert that.  Also nothing at the moment available to change the layout.

Thanks!

Thank you.  I have asked the client to design another background image and we'll upload it.