cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms dual monitor layout

Chloe_D
Listener

My problem is that the Zoom Rooms client uses both screens of a dual monitor setup to display my shared content. According  to the settings in the web portal, one screen should display the participants instead. Even after changing the settings back and forth and restarting the client nothing changed.

9 REPLIES 9

ChrisO
Note Taker

May be a silly question, but is your controller set to use the screens as duplicated instead of extended?

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Chloe_D 

I wondered the same thing as @ChrisO 

Zoom Rooms being able to display separate content on two screens is reliant on the host computer operating system seeing those displays separately.

If the host system has its displays configured as duplicated or mirrored (where they already display the same thing), Zoom Rooms will not be able to treat them separately.

If the host system has its displays configured as extended (two separate displays - not mirrored) in the operating system, then Zoom Rooms should be able to treat the displays separately.  

Yes, they are configured as two seperate displays. Even in a meeting, one screen shows the active speaker and the other one the gallery view. The problem is just when I want to share my own content, I get the same preview on both screens and can not see any participants.

What are you using for your Zoom Rooms controller? IE Polycom phone, Ipad, Logitech tap, or any other of the various devices capable (not the Zoom Room machine itself).

The controller is currently another Windows laptop.

Rupert

Hi @Chloe_D 

Can you post a screenshot of what you see in your Room configuration under https://zoom.us/location > [Your Room] Edit > Displays:

Like this...

Rupert_0-1634401665921.png

I am leaning towards your controller being the issue. See screenshot below, Windows controllers are not listed only IOS and Android.

ChrisO_0-1634558495079.png

However under this KB https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/209181346, it only list iPads and "Zoom Room Appliances" so maybe even Android will not do what you want.

Screenshot 2021-10-19 112353.png

This is what I see when I share my own screen. I am not using the controller for this, as my main display is a touchscreen. If I am not sharing my content, changing the view layout works without a problem.