Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms - auto-start video

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

Is there a way to auto-start video after auto-answer for a Zoom Room - even for external meetings (but when it has been invited by an internal user)?

Thanks,

Rupert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shaneatzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Well I'd be lying if I said I didn't first envision you bringing a Zoom Room on a mobile cart to every one of your meetings.  I was very impressed then, but I'm still pretty impressed now.

Unfortunately, the options you're already using are what we offer at the moment, but hopefully we'll have more customization available in the future.

Thanks for sharing your details and being an active member of the community.  

If this answer is sufficient, please remember to 'accept as solution'!

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shaneatzoom

Afraid not today.  Is this an unattended use case, or just wanting to minimize the actions for in-room users?

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

Rupert

Well - it's both.

I have a Zoom Room in my office which I like to bring in to Meetings (it has a Virtual Cam input with external sources).

I usually bring the Room into a Meeting by Inviting it in from my desktop client. It auto-answers, but then I have to use the controller to Start video - or roll over to the Room-PC!

Likewise, when I am NOT in the office, I like also to bring my Room into Meetings (to bring in my Virtual sources) - then I have to use the Web controller to Start video. So that's an unattended use-case.

Thank you.

shaneatzoom

Well I'd be lying if I said I didn't first envision you bringing a Zoom Room on a mobile cart to every one of your meetings.  I was very impressed then, but I'm still pretty impressed now.

Unfortunately, the options you're already using are what we offer at the moment, but hopefully we'll have more customization available in the future.

Thanks for sharing your details and being an active member of the community.  

If this answer is sufficient, please remember to 'accept as solution'!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

Rupert

Thanks @shaneatzoom - glad to have impressed you, even a little.

Thanks for your opinion also.

Rupert - Looking forward to more customization available in the future!