cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms/Teams Direct Join Immediately Disconnects

JaredU
Listener

Hi, 

I'm running Zoom Rooms and we managed to get direct join functionality working today. Once we invite the account to the meeting, we get the join button. Once I click join, MS teams launches on device, and it pops up and says "connecting," i can see my camera preview etc, but then it makes a disconnect sound and just exits back to the zoom rooms home screen. 

Zoom Rooms version 5.8.0 on a DTEN D7 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was actually able to figure out what the issue was on my end. Could be different for some people but in my case it was an issue with the settings on the Teams Admin Center. In order to allow Zoom Rooms to join Teams meetings, you must enable a setting that says "Anonymous users can join a meeting". To find this go to the Teams Admin Center, then go to Meetings > Meeting Settings, and you should find the option. The biggest problem with this is that because the setting is on Teams, the tenant managing the host needs to turn it on. Since this is usually a problem created when 2 different companies interact, it means that you will need the other party's IT team to change the setting.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @JaredU, I see a ticket that is open with our Zoom support team. 

Here is documentation on Zoom network firewall or proxy server settings and Firewall Configuration for Zoom Rooms

Hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

HI @RN 

We have same issue with our Zoom Room devices when trying to join MS Teams inside our company network.

But when I connect ZR to an external network (direct internet access), the join succeeds.

bilg
Listener

I've been experiencing this exact issue when trying to join a teams meeting using our zoom rooms. Was anyone ever able to find a solution?

Me as well, exactly as described.   Anyone have a resolution they can post?   I've met all requirements and have the Join button appearing on the controller, but its doing same as original poster.   TY

I was actually able to figure out what the issue was on my end. Could be different for some people but in my case it was an issue with the settings on the Teams Admin Center. In order to allow Zoom Rooms to join Teams meetings, you must enable a setting that says "Anonymous users can join a meeting". To find this go to the Teams Admin Center, then go to Meetings > Meeting Settings, and you should find the option. The biggest problem with this is that because the setting is on Teams, the tenant managing the host needs to turn it on. Since this is usually a problem created when 2 different companies interact, it means that you will need the other party's IT team to change the setting.

This was our issue. The allow anonymous users fixed everything. 

We've had some issues with microphones on our dten hardware in teams, but joining itself was an issue with our organizations global teams settings. 

Thanks for sharing this. Have you found a way around this? Can I assign a Teams account to the Zoom Room so that it's not anonymous?

HSB
Listener

Thank you all - we have turned on the Anonymous at the Tenent but it has not changed behavior.  I cannot even join my  own internal meeting from the Zoom Room.   Any other thoughts?