cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms - How to delete/cancel instant meeting from Display or Controller once started?

rhaney
Listener

Brand new zoom rooms setup here. Testing an ad hoc meeting by using the "Reserve" button on the display Neat Pad outside the room, there is no way to then cancel that instant meeting. We can only allow it to time out. I read the below text here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003336806-Using-Zoom-Rooms-scheduling-display

but we do not get any popups at all, the display screen is static. How to cancel and free up the room?

======================== begin webpage support topic =====================

How to remove a meeting from the scheduling display

Meetings that appear on the scheduling display can be also be removed using that scheduling display. To remove a meeting that was added from the scheduling display:

1. Tap the meeting topic on the scheduling display.
    • If the meeting was scheduled using the calendar, a popup dialog provides only the Close option. 
    • If the meeting was scheduled from the scheduling display, the pop-up dialog displays both the Close option and the Delete option.
  2. Tap Delete.
    The meeting is removed from the calendar in the scheduling display, the controller, and the calendar associated with the room.
9 REPLIES 9

exuded
Listener

Same Problem here. Need a solution please

ee3
Listener

Same issue. 

randyblantucas
Listener

An option is to disable the Instant Room Reservation option under the Scheduling Display tab for Zoom Rooms. This would therefore only allow bookings made from the calendar booking system. 

Meetemmajhone
Listener

To remove a meeting from the scheduling display, follow these steps. First, tap on the meeting topic listed in the scheduling display. If the meeting was scheduled through the calendar, a popup dialog will appear with only the "Close" option available. However, if the meeting was originally scheduled directly from the scheduling display, the popup dialog will display both the "Close" and "Delete" options. Simply tap on "Delete," and the meeting will be removed not only from the scheduling display but also from the room's associated calendar and the controller. This ensures that the meeting is effectively removed from all relevant locations.

randyblantucas
Listener

This doesn't work if the meeting was started instantly from the control panel. It would retain the meeting information for a certain duration even if meeting has ended which means that the room will be busy and couldn't be booked. Would this be more of a setting in the calendar resource? 

fbalin
Listener

Did this issue every get resolved? I, for one, still cannot delete, from a Zoom Room iPad controller, an instant meeting generated from the controller or the iPad scheduler outside the room. Not a show-stopper, but would like to know if this is a bug, or if I am missing a setting.

LK_EXN
Attendee | Zoom Partner
Attendee | Zoom Partner

For instant ad-hoc meetings created from controller - there is a setting in Zoom Rooms >> Meeting tab, called:

Create calendar event when starting an instant meeting

LK_EXN_0-1699960983159.png

If you disable it, then instant meetings entries won't be created. However it requires Zoom Rooms app to be updated at least to version 5.16.0 or 5.16.5 (depending on type of Zoom Room).

Other workaround that I can suggest is giving yourself privilege to manage calendar that particular Zoom Room and manually remove that meeting from calendar.

Can't help you with scheduling panel, as I don't have any with me right now...

fbalin
Listener

Thank you. 
Where and how do I obtain privilege to manage that particular Zoom Room?
Or do I have it already:  my Zoom User Role is Admin and my User Type is Basic. 

LK_EXN
Attendee | Zoom Partner
Attendee | Zoom Partner

Hi.

Ok, I wasn't very precise there. What I meant was privilege but on Microsoft365/Exchange side.

You can set yourself as a delegate for that room resourse, preferably with Full Access rights.

LK_EXN_0-1700466787820.png