What's New at Zoom? Join our upcoming webinar to get you a first-hand look into some of our exciting new product and feature releases.

Register Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms Controller Won't Pair

Jeff_Forster_TF
Listener

Our Zoom Rooms were working fine with the Rooms Controller app last week.  This week.  They won't pair.  All I get is an ungoogleable error and a prompt to enter the pairing code, which also doesn't work.

Zoom Rooms Controller 30052004 copy.png

4 REPLIES 4

brandon-adams
Listener

Same here. I'm using Mac app version 5.10.7 (7748) with Zoom Rooms Controller, trying to control a room powered by a Facebook Portal. The Portal is running Zoom app version 5.9.5 (890), Portal version 1.36.1.

All versions are latest available.

I've tried removing and re-adding Zoom Rooms Controller to my account, same result. Tried signing out on the Portal and signing back in, re-pairing with the Mac Zoom client, same result, same error code.

Aurelien
Listener

Hello,

We have the same problem.

I'm looking for a special settings in my zoom room basic setup who can cause this problem.

Charlie_H
Listener

I also have the same issue. All software is the latest version. Have tried to reinstall but the error persists. 

brandon-adams
Listener

This recently broke again for me as well, it had been working well for about the past month.

Just this past week Meta rolled out a new Portal companion app that works well for basic controls. You can adjust volume, mute camera/mic, even raise your hand. Chat is unfortunately missing, but it's better than nothing. 

You can get the app here: https://store.facebook.com/help/portal/articles/apps-and-photos/apps/use-meta-portal-companion/