cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms Controller Sharing Key Invalid on Android App version 5.7.3, App doesn't work now

NMacIver
Listener

In short, Zoom Rooms Controller App on Android does not work with Zoom Rooms. Details below. Can this be fixed? 

Detailed Description:

I've set up Zoom rooms on a Windows PC to create Zoom Rooms conference space. I need to control the session from my android device (running Android 11). I've installed the controller app and signed into both the Room and controller as my own Zoom account. I next try to connect to the room using the Share Key (Automatic detection does not work). I type in the sharing key on the top right corner of the Rooms display, and every time, I get the message "Invalid sharing key. Please try again." I've tried this over 10 times without success, and the review page for the Android controller app shows others are having this problem too.

Has anyone figured out how to get Android Rooms controller to detect and work with Zoom Rooms again? Developers, can this be fixed?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NMacIver
Listener

Hey Shane, thanks for getting back to me. I´m documenting my steps below that did not work as I think a lot of people are confused as to why it isn´t working. I tried a different route and succeeded in getting in, but I want to document my steps here in case there is a bug in authentication.

Here are the steps that did not work for me:

• 1) Download and Install Zoom. I used this link: https://zoom.us/client/5.7.6.1055/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64
  • 2) Sign into zoom account with email (Zoom account, not a Gmail account)
  • 3) Close Zoom client
  • 4) Download and install Zoom Rooms Windows client. I used this link: https://zoom.us/client/latest/zoomrooms-5.7.5.300-x86.exe
  • 5) Open Zoom Rooms. Welcome screen indicates “Unlicensed room” at the top left of the screen, a sign in button, and the current time.
  • 6) I click sign in to get to the next screen, which displays a 6-digit pairing code and the following message: “Enter this code at https://zoom.us/pair to sign into your zoom account.”
  • 7) I navigate to the site (on another device) and provide the pairing code. I am asked to select/create a room after the code is accepted, and I choose a room in the provided list.
  • 😎 Back on my Windows PC, a popup displays with the following message: “Did you just try to sign in?” I click yes. The next screen prompts me to set a PIN, which I do.
  • 9) I’m returned to the welcome screen, which now shows my username, my scheduled meetings, and a sharing key on the top right.

On my Phone (Zoom client is already installed on the phone):

• 10) Install Zoom Rooms Controller. Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.zrc
  • 11) Open the app and select “Sign in with Zoom.” Because Zoom client is already installed, I am brought to the welcome screen without having to sign in.
  • 12) Controller Main Screen, no rooms are displayed. I select “Pair with a Room.” When prompted, I grant permissions for microphone and file storage use to the app.
  • 13) Prompt asks for sharing key. I type in the sharing key on the screen of the Windows computer running Zoom Rooms
  • 14) I get Invalid sharing key.
  • 15) I reboot both devices and try again, same thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the steps that succeeded for me:

1) Repeat steps 1-9 of the previous walkthrough.

2) Install Zoom Rooms Controller while Zoom Android client is not installed on the phone.

3) Instead of "Sign in with Zoom," I select "Sign in with Email"

4) Select Room screen. Now I can see the Zoom room I created in step 7. I select the room

5) Controls load on the phone, and I can see on the Zoom Rooms welcome screen that my device is paired on the bottom right. Controls work great in the test meeting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In summary, If I install the controller app on android and choose to log in via Zoom, it fails to connect to my account properly. I have to Sign in using email for the Controllers app to see my room. Can you see this behavior on your end?

Again, thank you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shaneatzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @NMacIver, can you walk me through the steps you're taking in more detail? Additionally, can you use an activation code (this can be regenerated and used on the Android tablet only if the room is already signed in)

If this solved your issue, please remember to mark as solved

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

NMacIver
Listener

Hey Shane, thanks for getting back to me. I´m documenting my steps below that did not work as I think a lot of people are confused as to why it isn´t working. I tried a different route and succeeded in getting in, but I want to document my steps here in case there is a bug in authentication.

Here are the steps that did not work for me:

• 1) Download and Install Zoom. I used this link: https://zoom.us/client/5.7.6.1055/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64
  • 2) Sign into zoom account with email (Zoom account, not a Gmail account)
  • 3) Close Zoom client
  • 4) Download and install Zoom Rooms Windows client. I used this link: https://zoom.us/client/latest/zoomrooms-5.7.5.300-x86.exe
  • 5) Open Zoom Rooms. Welcome screen indicates “Unlicensed room” at the top left of the screen, a sign in button, and the current time.
  • 6) I click sign in to get to the next screen, which displays a 6-digit pairing code and the following message: “Enter this code at https://zoom.us/pair to sign into your zoom account.”
  • 7) I navigate to the site (on another device) and provide the pairing code. I am asked to select/create a room after the code is accepted, and I choose a room in the provided list.
  • 😎 Back on my Windows PC, a popup displays with the following message: “Did you just try to sign in?” I click yes. The next screen prompts me to set a PIN, which I do.
  • 9) I’m returned to the welcome screen, which now shows my username, my scheduled meetings, and a sharing key on the top right.

On my Phone (Zoom client is already installed on the phone):

• 10) Install Zoom Rooms Controller. Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.zrc
  • 11) Open the app and select “Sign in with Zoom.” Because Zoom client is already installed, I am brought to the welcome screen without having to sign in.
  • 12) Controller Main Screen, no rooms are displayed. I select “Pair with a Room.” When prompted, I grant permissions for microphone and file storage use to the app.
  • 13) Prompt asks for sharing key. I type in the sharing key on the screen of the Windows computer running Zoom Rooms
  • 14) I get Invalid sharing key.
  • 15) I reboot both devices and try again, same thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the steps that succeeded for me:

1) Repeat steps 1-9 of the previous walkthrough.

2) Install Zoom Rooms Controller while Zoom Android client is not installed on the phone.

3) Instead of "Sign in with Zoom," I select "Sign in with Email"

4) Select Room screen. Now I can see the Zoom room I created in step 7. I select the room

5) Controls load on the phone, and I can see on the Zoom Rooms welcome screen that my device is paired on the bottom right. Controls work great in the test meeting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In summary, If I install the controller app on android and choose to log in via Zoom, it fails to connect to my account properly. I have to Sign in using email for the Controllers app to see my room. Can you see this behavior on your end?

Again, thank you.

shaneatzoom

Howdy, sorry for the delay.  I am not seeing that over here.  Are you using a Zoom Room that is signed into the same account as your Zoom Client on mobile? I have seen occasional hiccups when using a client that isn't on the same tenant as the room.

Glad you were able to get a solid workflow going.  I'll be sure to indicate your scenario to our developers to explore more.

Thanks for being a community member!

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

Was there any solution to this?  I bought a brand new SimplyNUC zoom room which upon turning on displayed a share code.   The Zoom Room app on android discovers the device but I get invalid sharing code.

Trying zoom.us/pair and Activation code both fail.  However it did seem to add the device.  Under device list it shows it is assigned to the Main Conf Room (room I made).    But when I go to room management I see no devices found.

Going back to devices I see it online and status "Installing  5.9.4" and I can cancel it and restart but it never finishes... also 5.9.4 is already installed on the device.

tschabalori
Listener

Hey. I have exactly the same problem. I just bought a Logitech Rally Bar mini. It presents me with a pairing code "pair with a controller" when I log in with the iOS app (or zoom client for that matter) it says "invalid sharing key" it doesn't matter if I'm logged in the app with my personal user or admin user. Never works.