cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms Audio Disconnecting

treymeares
Listener

Hello All,

Hope anyone can shed some light on our issue. We have the following set-up. 

- Mac mini (Intel) running the latest version - Monterey OS

- Shure P300IMX Processor (Connected USB)

- MXA 910 Microphone

- Shure Conference Speakers

- Zoom Rooms - latest version

Here is the issue. Zoom rooms will start up fine but anywhere between 8 and 45 minutes the audio will stop working. The computer sees the USB processor just fine, but the audio isn't working with zoom. Has anyone else seen this issue before? We thought it might be the computer, but we replaced the M1 Mac minis that were in there with Intel max and have the same issue.

5 REPLIES 5

bdavistx
Listener

I have seen a similar issue.  

The presenter's mic audio goes very choppy and fuzzy about 20 minutes into a meeting. It's repeatable on multiple Macs in different rooms.

We seem to be able to avoid it happening by enabling Original Sound with settings to have High fidelity music mode AND Echo cancellation turned on And then turn "Original sound" to On from the main Zoom screen.

We are using an external USB Audio Card with the mic plugged in to it from a pre-amp output. Tried different USB Audio cards as well.  

Doesn't seem to be a problem on Windows machines.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @treymeares, apologies for the delay with this, however, I went ahead and turned your discussion into a support ticket to further analyze and investigate the audio disconnecting. You should receive a follow up for this discussion within ticket #13937498

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

zsubedar
Listener

I have the same issue, was there a resolution to the above ticket? @RN 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @zsubedar looking into the case there has not been a resolution for that specific ticket @treymeares opened, however, @treymeares were you able to get in-contact with Zoom Support further on your issue?  

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

annaharrow
Listener

As I can see that Zoom support team and Moderator are continuously working to giving you a solution for the audio issue in your Zoom Rooms setup: 

However you can also try these following step to resolve the issue.

Update Software: Ensure all components (Mac mini, Shure P300IMX Processor, Zoom Rooms) are running the latest software updates to fix potential bugs.  

Check Audio Settings: Verify that the correct input and output audio devices are selected in Zoom Rooms, and test them for functionality. 

USB and Ports: Inspect and replace the USB cable if damaged. Try different USB ports on the Mac mini to rule out port issues. 

Driver/Firmware Updates: Check for and apply any available driver or firmware updates for the Shure devices. 

Background Apps: Close any background applications that may interfere with Zoom's audio. 

Mac System Preferences: Ensure the correct audio devices are selected in Mac's System Preferences > Sound. 

Temperature: Prevent overheating by ensuring proper ventilation for the Mac mini. 

Test with Different Software: Check if the issue persists with other video conferencing or audio recording software. 

I hope that it will work.