cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room with 2nd camera for presenter support

ConfRmInquirer
Listener

Looking to see if there is a solution to be able to have a presenter stand up at the front of the conference room and be picked up by a second camera and potentially a secondary display.  The presenter can then address the audience in the room as well as the remote attendees.  Is this something Zoom can support and what hardware vendor supports it?

Also I believe Cisco can do this with their room kits and presenter track, and I know they are supported in room meetings using CRC, but same original question then applies does the Zoom meeting support what that hardware can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JonathanM
Listener

Yes, my company uses dual cameras in our training room and it works like the above user described. We have one camera mounted on each side of the room so the presenter can switch back and forth if they wish.

Our setup is Logitech for cameras, Shure 910 Ceiling mic and Zoom Room software. We have one 65" display for the presenter to use so they can see the far end attendees and a 98" display for the people in the room to be able to see content being shared. Each display is mounted above a camera.

Works great.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ChrisO
Note Taker

It is possible. I was in a Webinar the other day where they demoed a similar setup in a mock classroom using two Logitech Rally Plus devices.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

BugID_Mitch
Listener

@ConfRmInquirer 
Hello!
Yes is is possible. Without asking more questions about your room design, I would suggest reviewing the PSO Team's articles on Training room design. But in brief, you can use a second camera and toggle via the "Switch Camera" button on the Zoom Room controller. It is common for the "Presenter Cam" to be ceiling mounted and PTZ / auto tracking to follow the instructor where ever they may be. A recent public beta feature of "Smart Gallery" may be of use in this scenario depending of what version of Zoom Room software is being used. It will allow for both the "crowd cam" and "presenter cam" to be viewed as separate streams to remote participants.

Hope that helps!
Here are the links you should review:

Cheers
BugID_Mitch
http://www.bugid.com 

JonathanM
Listener

Yes, my company uses dual cameras in our training room and it works like the above user described. We have one camera mounted on each side of the room so the presenter can switch back and forth if they wish.

Our setup is Logitech for cameras, Shure 910 Ceiling mic and Zoom Room software. We have one 65" display for the presenter to use so they can see the far end attendees and a 98" display for the people in the room to be able to see content being shared. Each display is mounted above a camera.

Works great.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ConfRmInquirer, I see you have some responses worth noting! Just don't forget to click on that 'Accept as solution' button if you have a reply that solved your discussion! Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

ZoomChallenged
Listener

I teach in a classroom with a computer and have two cameras - is it possible for me to have two "spots" in the gallery with the two cameras?  Think about it - in a hybrid meeting one camera sees me and other sees the audience in the room and both are transmitted to the people in the virtual meeting.  In fact most laptops have a front and rear facing camera and they could be used simultaneously...

BugID_Mitch
Listener

Hi @ZoomChallenged 

This is possible via Multi Stream / Smart Gallery for Zoom Rooms which is available via macOS or Windows based systems as of version 5.9.3. The requirements are kinda specific and without asking quite a few clarifying questions, I would recommend  reviewing the below article and see if the system you have will be compatible. My previous post above has links to other rooms designs that may also be of interest.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403190845069-Getting-started-with-Smart-Gallery

Hope this helps!
Cheers
BugID_Mitch
http://www.bugid.com