cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room not outputting NDI Feed [SOLVED]

ZachRad26
Listener

Hello Zoom Community!

We recently upgraded one of our Zoom Rooms and iPad controller to 5.7.5 (300) and 5.7.3 (68.0726) respectfully to begin testing with the new NDI capabilities. I am fairly experienced with NDI workflow and have been utilizing NewTeks NDI 4/5 Tools alongside Wirecast NDI capabilities for our previous Company Meetings with little to no issues.

However, I can not for the  life of me get a working NDI feed out of the Zoom Room, yes we enabled it in settings. I've tried, specific call participants, Active Speaker, etc. with no luck. When I select and NDI Output from the controller I do receive the 'NDI disclaimer' on the other participants windows to which I accept.
All I am receiving is a black screen even  in NewTek 'Studio Monitor'  with no actual data transfer (Newtek NDI 5  'NDI Analysis' tool shows immediate connection established -> connection close loop) and network traffic does not reflect normal NDI traffic.  I've tried connecting to the feed from multiple PC's and devices with no luck. I've confirmed NDI functionality on my network by utilizing the NDI Test Pattern app. It's just the Zoom Room.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Solution:

The issue was with the firewall and the Zoom Room aomhost.exe application. Once we allowed this application to communicate on the network NDI began to work. The current group policy on the PC blocks the popup as seen in the attached image so we had to complete the request manually. 

File location 'C:\program files (x86)\zoomrooms\bin\aomhost\aomhost.exe'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zoom Rooms requires an additional application to be allowed through the firewall to successfully enable NDI connection

C:\program files (X86)\ zoomrooms\bin\aomhost\aomhost.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shaneatzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ZachRad26 (sorry if you get two replies here, my last one doesn't seem to have saved),

Firstly, thanks for testing our new NDI functionality.  We're really excited to add it.

Can you confirm the Zoom Room PC details for me? I see you specified hardware for the Zoom Room Controller, but not the PC.  Can you also confirm that you are sending the Test Pattern from the same PC that Zoom Rooms is running on and seeing it on the receiver side? Just want to confirm we aren't dealing with any network problems between the two.

It wouldn't hurt to open a support ticket too and issue a problem report from the room for us so we can pursue that path in parallel.  Thanks!

(if this resolved your issue or it is already fixed, please let us know or mark 'accept as solution') 

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

Hello Shane!
The PC is a Dell OptiPlex 7050 running Windows. Unfortunately we lock down the PC's so they only run Zoom Room software from boot so I am unable to run the Test Pattern program on the same PC. I do have a ticket open (#11978987) for the same issue. Let me reach out to our UC team to see if they are aware of anything that might be blocking network traffic.

Zoom Rooms requires an additional application to be allowed through the firewall to successfully enable NDI connection

C:\program files (X86)\ zoomrooms\bin\aomhost\aomhost.exe

shaneatzoom

@ZachRad26 sorry I missed your reply.  Definitely, we recommend allowing all of the Zoom Rooms contents to be leveraged so that does make sense as a resolution. 

Thanks for posting the answer as well so other users can benefit and have a great weekend!

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

Hi Shane,  We have Zoom client running on a Mac Mini 64 GB Core i7 (Monterey 12.2.1) and we are using NDI tools (5.1.1.8)  virtual input to grab the output from our Tricaster TC-1. The NDI video freezes and locks up when switching the Zoom camera on and off. It freezes and sticks periodically when just left on and requires me to force quit and sometimes reboot.  I have no competing software running in the background. The issues started about 2 weeks ago and may be related to recent updates.  What can we do to get this machine back on track? It is a crucial element to our educational meetings program.

Thanks,

K.