Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room and Teams Room using same calendar

JohnA
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hello,

I'm hoping the community can help with a problem we are experiencing in what is an unusual work space.

We have a Zoom Room system and a Teams Room system both sharing the same calendar. The aim was to be able to use native Teams or Native Zoom to join any meeting request sent to the room rather than using the guest join inter-op that currently exists for both because the experience using those is not as good as native.

When we send a either a Teams or Zoom meeting request to the room only the Teams room shows the meetings on the touch panel. The Zoom Room touch panel remains blank though, as if it has received nothing. How do we stop this from happening and allow either room to be able to join a received meeting request?

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

TomO
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi John,

Have you enabled the third party conferencing dial-in feature in your Zoom Room? This should give your Zoom Room the ability to join Teams meetings.  

TomO_0-1648139631897.png

Full instructions are here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360001163206-Joining-a-third-party-meeting-from-a-Zoom-Roo...

I hope that helps! Please mark the reply Accept As Solution if it does.

JohnA
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hello,

Yes this has been turned on. The problem is worse than just Teams meetings not showing on the room panel. No Zoom meetings appear either. Every meeting Zoom or Teams shows on the Teams room panel.

So I believe the problem is more complicated.

TomO

You may have an issue with the Calendar Integration on the Zoom side. 

Have you gone through the instructions on setting it up ? 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203847179-Setting-Up-Zoom-Rooms-with-Office-365

The instructions are different depending on whether you have Full Delegate or Impersonation rights to the mailbox for the calendar. 

JohnA
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Yes, this has been done also.

We have assigned the calendar for the room within the Calendar Integration settings on the Zoom portal.

TomO

Does the Zoom Enterprise App have permissions in Azure Active Directory? Is it possible that there's something blocking Zoom from seeing the calendar?

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, JohnA

It seems bug of Zoom Rooms.

All you can do is wait for a bug fix or activate your Room Meeting ID.

Ohkawa_0-1648188983746.png

TomO

@JohnA thank you for visiting the Zoom Community to seek support. Because this case is unique to your Zoom account,  I have assisted in converting your inquiry into a support ticket.  Please watch out for a follow up email with information on your case.