cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Digital Signage Use Case Question

AmericanMagic
Listener

Use Case: A doctors office wants to put 2 large TVs in their lobby on opposite walls.  They want to play the same video with audio on both TVs in sync.  I know the Zoom Digital Signage can do the playlist, the videos, and the sound.  The question is can you make it sync to both TVs at the same time?

3 REPLIES 3

DanaCSM
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi AmericanMagic,

Yes, it can! Just be sure to add both locations as a resource for your Digital Signage board and you'll be good to go!

You can also add content directly to a location, floor, or room. This content will not be added to the centralized content library (in case you already have one).

To do this, you'd need Admin or special Role permissions to access the Room Management Tab:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Room Management then Zoom Rooms.
  3. Click a location in the room hierarchy that you want to edit. For example, if you want the same content for all rooms on a particular floor, click the Floor name in the hierarchy.
  4. Click the Edit button next to the location you chose. You can do this on an account level, a location level, a floor level, or a room level. 
    • For a location: Go to Zoom Rooms and click on the name of the location. Click on Edit at the top. 
  5. Click the Digital Signage tab.
  6. Scroll to the Content List, then click Add Content.
  7. Click one of these tab to select content to add:
    Note: You can select several items across multiple tabs.
    • My Computer: Browse your computer to locate files and upload them. You can also drag and drop files from your system's file manager.
    • Content Library: Select images or URLs that have been uploaded to the content library.
    • Playlist: Select digital signage playlists you created.
    • URL: Enter a URL to display a website; for example the Video URL you mentioned.
  8. Click Add Items.
  9. (Optional) Follow the instructions for changing content settings and the name, duration, and order of the content.
  10. Click Save.

And that should do the trick! 

I hope this helps! Thank you for reading and kindly mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed. 😊

Best regards,

Dana

AmericanMagic
Listener

Dana,

Thank you for your reply.  I am very familiar with Zoom Digital Signage and how to set up.  What your response doesn't explain is how to make both TVs be synced to the exact content at the exact same time.  My understanding is that the content could be the same in order but they might start at different times so they could be out of sync if they were both in the same room.  Thoughts?

DanaCSM

Hey AmericanMagic,

Even with 2 displays, there will be no delay and no image will be out of sync as it will be using the same source to showcase the same content. You will be able to set the timing yourself.

In order to have both TVs showing the same content, make sure, that you select "Standard Center" when setting up the mode. So long as they are connected to the same Room, it will be simultaneous.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 11.22.52.png

I hope that makes sense! Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂