cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Zoom Controller Unpairing

AMS
Listener

I have a customer who has a Crestron UC engine running zoom, with a Crestron touch panel as the room controller. Fairly often, the controller will unpair from the UC engine. The UC engine will not display a pairing code. The only way to get the controller to repair is to go to zoom.us/pair or to enter an activation code. Is there a reason that the controller is becoming unpaired often?

7 REPLIES 7

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @AMS 

Is the controller and the engine on the same wired network? i.e. same network, no WiFi.

Does this happen between every meeting, after every reboot maybe? Any pattern?

Both the controller and the engine are hardwired to the same network. As far as we can tell, there is no specific event correlated with the issue. It seems to happen randomly. We have heard of other customers having similar issues, but those customers have IT departments in place that are capable of resolving the issue quickly. 

sshawPR
Listener

Have Crestron controller connecting with WIndows ZoomRoom PC, and experience the same issue.  Intermittent so far, ZoomRoom desktop app displays"enter pairing code" and controller accepts pairing code, but then errors and requires activation code to repair setup.  

DA1872
Listener

@AMS @sshawPR - did you ever find a solution to this? I also have a customer with this exact same issue.

sshawPR
Listener

I have not.  We set all the rooms with Crestron to update manually, to manage user experience.  Vendor was not sure why it happened either. 

ksen
Listener

We are having a similar issue, there are 3 Zoom Rooms running a similar setup and in one room the controller keeps disconnecting from the Zoom Room PC after being successfully paired with an Activation code. The connection can last for weeks then randomly drop again. The PC and controller are on a wired network, Firewall ports open. The other 2 rooms have not had this issue. 

Zoom Room PC Win10 App 5.8.3

Crestron TSW-1060 Android 5.1.1 App 5.9

I'm still not there yet with our customer. We've blown away the account in Zoom and started fresh, which seemed to move things along but now have what looks like a need to reimage the UC as it won't sign in. 

@ksen - this may help you as you're using a 60 series panel: 60-Series Touch Panels: Zoom Application Logs Out After Update or Reboot (crestron.com)