cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download older versions of Zoom Rooms for PC

santiagosuave
Listener

Where can I download older versions of Zoom Rooms?  Currently I am only able to downgrade (roll back) one version in the Zoom Rooms administrator.  However, I need to try a version several revs back to try and isolate where an issue first cropped up.  Specifically, I would like to install ZR 5.10.3 for PC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ReedatZoom
Listener

@santiagosuave Zoom Rooms recently released an enhancement that allows you to roll back (on windows and mac based Zoom Rooms) all the way to the supported version in our Quarterly Release Lifecycle (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059429231-Zoom-Software-Quarterly-Lifecycle-Policy). At the moment this means that you will be able to go back to 5.8.3 for Zoom Rooms. Please note that at the moment you will need to click on the (...) on the far left of a device under Device Management>Device List to see the full list. The list will show up as a drop down in the bottom left corner. Zoom is working to make this available in the update option near the top right of the page in the future. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @santiagosuave 

You may be able to request support to help you with this.

However, I think that version has a bug that prevents you from remotely rebooting the Zoom Room PC, so you should not do that.

ReedatZoom
Listener

@santiagosuave Zoom Rooms recently released an enhancement that allows you to roll back (on windows and mac based Zoom Rooms) all the way to the supported version in our Quarterly Release Lifecycle (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059429231-Zoom-Software-Quarterly-Lifecycle-Policy). At the moment this means that you will be able to go back to 5.8.3 for Zoom Rooms. Please note that at the moment you will need to click on the (...) on the far left of a device under Device Management>Device List to see the full list. The list will show up as a drop down in the bottom left corner. Zoom is working to make this available in the update option near the top right of the page in the future. 

Thank you @ReedatZoom !  That's probably what I've been looking for this whole time and didn't know to go there.  Really appreciate that.

Ohkawa

Hi, @ReedatZoom 

I was previously troubled by a bug that occurred in 5.10.0 and 5.10.3 and tried to roll back to 5.8.6, but was only able to roll back one generation 5.10.0.
I understood from your post that this was an improvement, so I actually checked.

Even now, I can only roll back to a version that is one generation older. Does this mean that there are plans to change this specification?
If so, I would be glad!
Currently, the latest version is 5.11.3, so I can roll back to 5.11.0, but not to any other version.

@Ohkawa You will need to use the (...) to the right of the device in the device list. (see the attached image)

If you select the device with the checkbox and then click on the upgrade option at the top of the page it will only allow you to select the previous version. (this is going to be fixed in the future.)

Please let me know if that still does not help.

Ohkawa

Hi, @ReedatZoom 

I see, so you operate from the Device Management menu, not the Room Management menu?

Thank you so mutch!

Room Manegement menu:

Ohkawa_0-1661991974439.png

Device Management menu:

Ohkawa_1-1661992135952.png

@Ohkawa Correct. Happy to help

Hello,

Using this solution, I'm only able to roll back to the beginning of this major version (5.15.1) - per your note it seems I'd be able to roll back farther.  I'm really hoping to get to 5.14.5.
Thanks!

ReedatZoom
Listener

@santiagosuave happy to help. Let me know if you have any other questions around this. Thanks!

Elvira_Online
Listener

And where can I find some Older versions of Zoom client?? In my network I have started an Upgrage from Zoom client ver 5.9.3 to 5.13, via Windows Group Policy sw. distribution (MSI install needed), but on most PCs it is not working correctly. I am thinking about Partial / 2 steps Upgrade through some mid-version between 5.9 and the newest 5.13. But I cannot find that MSI..

Nielsen1
Listener

Hi,

Since version 5.13 came out, I am having issues with BYOD HDMI connections not working properly through Crestron Mercury X. I am trying to roll back to an earlier 5.12 version but following your instructions above, the drop down list only contains releases of version 5.13. I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issue?