cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Zoom Rooms on Poly X series

MediumRoast
Listener

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade the Zoom Rooms app on my Poly X series devices. Some of them upgraded to the latest Zoom Room. version 5.11.0 (1553), without issue. However, when I try upgrade some others, the Zoom portal says "Your app is up to date.  You are on latest version 5.10.6 (1375)".  All of the devices are running Poly OS 3.12.0-366027.

How to I get these devices to upgrade to Zoom Rooms 5.11.0?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

david-vola
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Have you tried downloading directly from the zoom download center?

In my case, I restarted a ZR this week and downloading it from the play store controller did not work correctly, instead downloading it from the ZOOM download center worked correctly!

Download 

Cheers,

Please mark if this solution helped you so that other colleagues can find it!

MediumRoast
Listener

There are no direct download and installation paths for the Poly Studio X devices, unfortunately.

david-vola

Hi @MediumRoast , 

The controller or tablet, do you use the poly GC8? or do you have an ipad or android?

In my case, once I download the driver on the controller tablet ( samsung galaxy tab ) and download the ROOM CONTROLLER update, everything is updated correctly.

Cheers,

Please mark if this solution helped you so that other colleagues can find it!

ReedatZoom
Listener

@MediumRoast If you are running into this situation it likely means that the devices that are showing the Zoom Rooms app is up to date and yet it is an older version have either the 3.11 or 3.12 version of Poly OS on them. You will need to update the PolyOS to the latest version from the Zoom web portal, then you will be able to update the Zoom Rooms app as normal.