cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on how to manage company zoom accounts?

Alex27
Listener

Hello! I am with a company that is online only and uses many Zoom meetings for workshops every week.  I am struggling right now because I have 7 different facilitators who need to use the Zoom account, sometimes on the same day! Some questions I would love answer to would be: 

-Is 2 the maximum number of people allowed to host on a business account? 
-Is there a way to reject someone trying to log into a specific Zoom account? (Sometimes we will host 2 meetings then     someone else will try to log onto that same account and it will kick someone off)
- Do any other businesses use Zoom in this way? If so, how do they do it? 
- Are there any other "versions" of Zoom (webinar, training, etc.) that we should be looking into? 

One of the new issues we're running into is facilitators needing a code to log in that is only sent to my email address. I won't always be able to send them this code, so any ideas are very welcome!

Thank you for any assistance!
Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello Alex, 

Some options that I can think of for your use case is as follows:

Hosting Concurrent meetings might be a good option for you. This will allow your orginization to host many meetings all from one account. It does take a special licensing feature that you can purchase but many small to mid-sized and Enterprise customers of Zoom use this function to date. 

Designating an Alternative host is another option that is more cost effective since you can assign multiple users on your account with Zoom licenses to be able to start the meeting without having to "log in" to a seperate account. 

Scheduling privileges falls in line with the Alternative host function and I see this used quite often on Enterprise accounts. What you can do with this function is assign one or two users to schedule out all of the other members meetings using scheduling privileges and then the members of your team can see what meetings they have upcoming when they log in to their "own" Zoom account. 

All of these functions require that all members of the orginization have a Zoom license. Zoom business accounts start off with a mimimum of 10 business licenses which is typically a good starting point for most small businesses. 

Would you please let me know if any of these options meet the criteria that you are looking into for your orginization.

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB

Hello Alex, 

Some options that I can think of for your use case is as follows:

Hosting Concurrent meetings might be a good option for you. This will allow your orginization to host many meetings all from one account. It does take a special licensing feature that you can purchase but many small to mid-sized and Enterprise customers of Zoom use this function to date. 

Designating an Alternative host is another option that is more cost effective since you can assign multiple users on your account with Zoom licenses to be able to start the meeting without having to "log in" to a seperate account. 

Scheduling privileges falls in line with the Alternative host function and I see this used quite often on Enterprise accounts. What you can do with this function is assign one or two users to schedule out all of the other members meetings using scheduling privileges and then the members of your team can see what meetings they have upcoming when they log in to their "own" Zoom account. 

All of these functions require that all members of the orginization have a Zoom license. Zoom business accounts start off with a mimimum of 10 business licenses which is typically a good starting point for most small businesses. 

Would you please let me know if any of these options meet the criteria that you are looking into for your orginization.

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Thank you so much for your help! This is exactly what I was hoping for, thank you!!

YaBoiB

Hi @Alex27 

That is great news. I am glad to hear it. 

Thank you for your response. Could you please click on the accepted solution button in the bottom right corner, so that if others are facing this issue they can read your accepted solution and follow the steps you followed?

Thanks, 
Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion