cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teams Room join zoom meeting

john215
Listener

Any advise if use teams room the join meeting both video and audio have high latency and delay?

Use native zoom or mobile client to join is fine.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @john215

That could be in the routing that the room is taking from the endpoint to the destination IP. Have you attempted to run a packet capture when the issue is present and submit that information to Microsoft to have them check the routing and ensure that you are hitting the correct Database on your way out from the endpoint? 

Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

SPTMatt
Listener

This is not Microsoft.  I myself have replicated this and confirmed that the issue is the Zoom interaction in the Room.  I have also tried it with just a normal Teams User logged into the room (room vs. user) and both do the same thing.  When using just the Teams Room with the same participants no problem.  It is definitely Zoom.

ace00007
Listener

Agreed, same issue here -- using a MS Teams Room system (running Windows) with "3rd party conferencing" enabled for Zoom.  (this is a fairly new feature) It appears that the system launches Zoom in a browser rather than the native Win32 client, and the performance is _terrible_ --  low resolution and laggy/freezing video.  Zoom support put in a request to "whitelist" our account for 720p video, but I haven't had a chance to test that yet.

@YaBoiB--  are there any tips/tricks on troubleshooting or optimizing the Zoom in-browser experience?  I'm assuming Microsoft isn't inclined to just launch the native Zoom client with this integration, and there are few/no options in the MS Teams Room software to adjust.

Many thanks!!

YaBoiB

Hi, 

720p is enabled by default to all licensed users, you just have to go in and enable the group HD at the account level or personal settings for this to work on "your" Zoom Room. Reference https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207347086-Using-Group-HD-video

As for this being a Zoom bug, I just do not see that as we have no other reports of this happening at the Enterprise level where Zoom Room, and MS Rooms are continually being used with third party vendor conferencing. 

If you have logs with proof that this issue is on our side then I would say your next action would be to open a support ticket, include the meeting ID and logs where you experienced the issue and our team can investigate that and determine where this issue resides. 

Thanks,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thanks, will do!  (Now to set up a Zoom-based "happy hour" so we can test outside the context of a business meeting...)

Cheers,

-Adrian

Can you tell me if your Windows MS Teams Room device allows Gallery view? I have an android version and we are limited to speaker view, which is very frustrating.

SPTMatt
Listener

Brandon, I appreciate you responding.  Please search the community yourself and you will find that users have reported not only Yealink and Logitech items with the same issue.  When I have used a Teams Room but observed from my desktop the exact same issue occurs.  You have some sort of significant loss in the MTR environment that does not occur with Teams calls.  

Rusty1979
Listener

Are there any updates on this? We are also having issues as well and our users are getting very frustrated.

ace00007
Listener

Nothing positive -- I'm guessing Zoom will always have only limited support on MS Teams Rooms -- we are getting 720p, but any content shared is blurry, and there's more lag than with the full Zoom client.  I opened a case with Microsoft, and (after gathering logs) they're trying to blame it on hardware.

Crossing fingers that some company will eventually find a way to support both platforms acceptably!

ace00007
Listener

FYI, the latest release for MTR on Windows (version 4.15.54.0, released 12/15/22) has a couple Zoom-focused enhancements.  I plan to upgrade over the holiday and see if/how it works...

• Join Zoom meetings by ID via Direct Guest Join. Support for joining Zoom meetings by ID has been added in this release and will be enabled in the coming weeks.
  • Quality fixes for third-party meetings (Direct Guest Join)

My experience with the update is that the Zoom video is now stable but the Zoom party can't see anything.

I am having this same issue. Everything else works except there the room's camera just shows blank. Direct Join via WebEx works fine.